Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

Berk's Testpipe w/CEL

Old 10-03-2008, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to autozone and they will pull the code for you for free.

Su2uka is running a total stock system. His 06 threw the o2 sensor code last month. It was replaced free under warranty.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:01 AM

Oh man, driving around with a cel on would drive me nuts, even if I knew it was from the TP...what happens if something else goes wrong, does the cel blink or something? I guess you could always runa diagnostic on it once a month to be sure everythingi s fine. Did you talk to anyone at Berk Technologies about this issue? Maybe they are working on another fix since I doubt you are alone.

On a different note, are you going to get the Hondata reflash with header and exhaust? You DBW guys have it so made with that shit.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmij,Oct 3 2008, 06:59 AM
Go to autozone and they will pull the code for you for free.

Su2uka is running a total stock system. His 06 threw the o2 sensor code last month. It was replaced free under warranty.
awesome! Will do after I get off work. Hopefully I can figure out a way to get rid of the CEL one way or another.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:58 AM

Btw... it's okay to run your car with CEL on knowing that it's the testpipe? Would it hinder your car performance at all or anything else?
Old 10-03-2008, 09:10 AM

It may take a little performance away as the computer tries to adjust for the reading. It should not hurt the car at all.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:18 PM

Okay... I went to Autozone today. It took about 5 mechanics to find where to plug the code reader in. After finding it the code pulled up p0137. One of the mechanic that pulled it up for me said that the o2 sensor that connects to the exhaust is bad. hrm... I was like the o2 sensor connects to exhaust? I was like there is none that connects to the exhaust. The o2 sensor connects where the catalytic converter is. He kept arguing with me and I was like okay whatever and I left. So... what do you guys think? I believe the o2 sensor is fine... it's just the testpipe. Btw a new o2 sensor is $325
Old 10-03-2008, 01:36 PM

Here is your answer.

What does that mean?Essentially the same as P0136, P0137 refers to the second oxygen sensor on Bank 1. P0137 means the O2 oxygen sensor's voltage remained low for longer than 2 minutes. This, is interpreted by the ECM as a low voltage condition and sets the MIL. Bank 1 Sensor 2 is located to the rear of the catalytic converter and should produce an output signal relative to oxygen storage capacity of the catalytic converter. This rear (sensor 2) sensor is less active than the signal produced by the front sensor. However, if the ECM senses the sensor is inactive, this code will set.

SymptomsThere may be no visible symptoms to the driver, other than the MIL (Check Engine / Service Engine Soon) illumination.

CausesA code P0137 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty o2 sensor Exhaust leak near the rear sensor
Plugged catalyst
Short to voltage on O2 signal circuit
High resistance or open on O2 signal circuit
Possible SolutionsReplace faulty sensor
Repair exhaust leak near the rear sensor
Check for restriction in catalyst and replace as necessary
Repair short, open, or high resistance on o2 signal circuit

Were you careful not to mess up the wires when you removed the o2 sensor?

An easy way to test to see if it is just the test pipe would be to reinstall the cat and see if it pulls the same code. if it does then the o2 sensor should be covered under warranty.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:51 PM

anyone got a spare cat? lol Or would like to buy mine and trade for your oem cat?
Old 10-03-2008, 03:00 PM

what did you do with your cat when you put the berk on?????
Old 10-03-2008, 03:43 PM

haha... I guess I threw it away! lol...

Quick Reply: Berk's Testpipe w/CEL