Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

2010 Event Planning

Old 12-05-2009, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Event Planning

As the title states, our 2010 event planning will occur this month. Please plan on attending and providing input. We will also be looking for volunteers to host and plan the events. Remember that this group is only as strong as the level of participation. Let's make 2010 another great year for the Gateway group.

If you are unable to attend, please post your ideas here as well as if you would like to volunteer to host/plan an event.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:15 PM

gahhhh i think im heading home on the 15 or 16th but i'll make sure to post an academic calendar for SLU incase you guys want that for event considerations =)

here it is:

http://www.slu.edu/Documents/eas/Official2...micCalendar.pdf

it'd be AWESOME if we could do detail days AFTER breaks and possibly once a month car washes/lunch?

also, i think we should find a place to "learn" our s? as in...autocross stuff in an open area. i'd love to be able to drift into a parking spot in the city (unless thats a movies only thing)
Old 12-06-2009, 05:16 PM

gahhhh i think im heading home on the 15 or 16th but i'll make sure to post an academic calendar for SLU incase you guys want that for event considerations =)

here it is:

http://www.slu.edu/Documents/eas/Official2...micCalendar.pdf

it'd be AWESOME if we could do detail days AFTER breaks and possibly once a month car washes/lunch?

also, i think we should find a place to "learn" our s? as in...autocross stuff in an open area. i'd love to be able to drift into a parking spot in the city (unless thats a movies only thing)
Old 12-17-2009, 08:30 AM

So everyone still going tonight? I'm planning on showing up - been out of town for 6 months.

Jimmi, bring that key hole plug if you still have it for me please.

I have a facility in Wildwood where we could do some mets/detail days - its a really nice place, 3 garage bays, air tools, music, and GT4 and a full bar up at the house.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:38 AM

The 2010 calendar has been updated. As you can see, we have quite a few car shows going on.

We also still need volunteers for day runs and for the picnic. Who's hand did I see go up?

Remember that this group is only as strong as those who participate. just because you volunteer does not mean that you will not receive help in planning the event.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:16 PM

Well, I volunteered to lead a day run at the end of March and I don't see it on the calender...

I also mentioned I could host a detail/install day with 3 climate controlled* bays, air tools, and a bunch of other tools required to work on Formula Atlantics, not to mention a killer racing game set up with 2 logitech pro wheels, pedals mounted into a chassis, 2 real seats, and 2 flatscreens. I play GT4 on it in multiplayer mode and have just about every car you can think of.

Nick
Old 12-22-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by SlipAngle79,Dec 22 2009, 04:16 PM
Well, I volunteered to lead a day run at the end of March and I don't see it on the calender...

I also mentioned I could host a detail/install day with 3 climate controlled* bays, air tools, and a bunch of other tools required to work on Formula Atlantics, not to mention a killer racing game set up with 2 logitech pro wheels, pedals mounted into a chassis, 2 real seats, and 2 flatscreens. I play GT4 on it in multiplayer mode and have just about every car you can think of.

Nick
Day run fixed

Suggest a day for the install and I will be happy to add or change. You are free to take one of mine or add one if you like