Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

WTD 2008 Who's Going & Countdown

Old 02-28-2008, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Days to WTD 2008
Old 02-28-2008, 08:25 AM

No more Cults pictures!! ..JK

I just thought of something the other day about the trip.. has anyone else ever considered putting a duffle bag or something behind the seats in the area where the top folds down to maximize room? I'm taking a passenger and we are bringing two sleeping bags so it's gonna be pretty tight in my little S lol. Of course the one and only HUGE downside to that plan is of course.. no top down
But I think that can be remedied by having my passenger hold the bag/crap that goes back there in their lap whenver we go top down.

Am I the only one thinking about all this stuff out of pure excitement for this awesome trip??
Old 02-28-2008, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Brownsound,Feb 28 2008, 12:25 PM
No more Cults pictures!! ..JK

I just thought of something the other day about the trip.. has anyone else ever considered putting a duffle bag or something behind the seats in the area where the top folds down to maximize room? I'm taking a passenger and we are bringing two sleeping bags so it's gonna be pretty tight in my little S lol. Of course the one and only HUGE downside to that plan is of course.. no top down
But I think that can be remedied by having my passenger hold the bag/crap that goes back there in their lap whenver we go top down.

Am I the only one thinking about all this stuff out of pure excitement for this awesome trip??
You could probably fit two sleeping bags in there... No top down would be made up for once you get up there...

Hell, I'm driving up there with the hardtop on... Putting it in the cabin once I get there!

Just pack lighter.... How much stuff do you really need?

One Pair of jeans
4 boxers
4 shirts
driving shoes
4 pairs of socks

Oh yeah...

Old 02-28-2008, 11:25 AM

This is true.. we don't have that much stuff to pack at all once I think about it lol, I'm used to packing for vacations with women.. but its just my roomate with me! Hell, he moved all his stuff into our apartment in one trip with his RX-7. I feel sorry for any female owners/sorry sods taking thier lady friend.

..But then again I told Twanksta I would bring enough to support his drinking habit, so that pretty much covers the trunk
Old 02-28-2008, 05:34 PM

You can expect more Colts pics, deal with it..............

Please find room for deodorant!!!!!

Buy the beer when you get there. They sell it at the store in front of Fontana village, and yes it will be more expensive. You could always make a beer run to Robbinsville, approx. 20 miles from Fontana. Beer selection should be better and hopefully cheaper.

If you think the beer will be expensive, wait until you see the price for Premium fuel at the Deals Gap pump

Personally I leave my top up for the Interstate portion of the drive, once we get off onto the state roads (Hwy 129 at Macon Georgia) top goes down (weather permitting)

Pack light and do laundry while you are there.

This will be here before you know it, we leave 11 days after the SPGP!!

Old 02-29-2008, 04:21 AM

Cool

DAYS UNTIL WTD 2008!!!!

beavers rock!!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats alot of beaver...
Old 02-29-2008, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by dead-bird,Feb 29 2008, 09:58 AM
Thats alot of beaver...
Ya! It is a prelude to the seventy virgins thing!

J
Old 02-29-2008, 06:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Danae' gets to put into the company computer the dates for the month of April to see if she can get off of work or not. Ket's just keep positive thoughts going....... I'll post up as soon as we know what the scoop is!!

As for the suds, remember that the county is"DRY", but there is some kind of loophole that allows the Fontana Resort and the other one at the south end (can't remember the name right now) of the Dragon to sell. The selection down at the other location is much much better including some local micro breweries.

Too, gas is much cheaper in Robbinsville. Try to work that stop into your daily driving habit so as to keep the petrol in the tank where it should be.

Scott
Old 02-29-2008, 07:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jillian and I are definitely out this year, I head back to sea April 10th. Stupid work.

Quick Reply: WTD 2008 Who's Going & Countdown