Yes
61.11%
No
38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

West Florida Forum

Old 02-12-2004, 05:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another 2 cents so I guess that makes 4 for me...

Some of us don't really keep track of the other regional forums. Every once in a blue moon I'll do a "Today's Active" but that's rare at best.

I DO keep track of some of the TBA stuff 1) because they are active as heck and I love what Dave has done with the group 2) I have family in St. Pete so if I'm coming down with the car I like to see if there's anything going on but ALL of that is based on the simple fact it's right there in the "Florida Forum" and NOT somewhere else.

BUT, that may just be me.

I still hold that there's little reason to keep fragmenting Florida into smaller and smaller forums. It's not hard to keep in touch with "locals" on this site IMO. Like Bryan said a couple posts ago, when I was actually actively setting up FCS2k (First Coast S2k) stuff in '02 and '03 this site was the biggest reason we went from 3 guys to 20 at one meeting. This site was why we had people from Melbourne, Daytona, Orlando, and Tampa attend a silly little FCS2k function in our backyard (St. Augustine). Heck, it was THE reason why the "Original Three" even met!

That's now my 4 cents so I'm out.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:36 PM

I guess while I was typing Dave got in.

This thing is getting a little nutty IMO. It's a site guys and it is actually about the cars...at least for the most part. Granted, we all throw some "other" pics/topics up on the board at times. How many times have I posted car pics with my kids sitting in the seat? A few times to say the least. No problem sharing for the the most part and it's nice when friends outside the locals chime in and compliment the car, the kids, the cat, whatever...

doesn't mean we need to break the site into smaller parts.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me, S2KI is more for the S2000 Community rather than for the car itself. By this I mean, there should be a family feel to it. The people here have, for the most part, known each other for a while!
Some people come looking for S2K only stuff. Once you become too close with people, that doesn't happen as often. We are friends, we don't hang out and don't just talk about our S2K. Not all threads should be about S2Ks. It's about friendships that are gained.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:41 PM

Originally posted by nvrquit4

That's now my 4 cents so I'm out.
Your aren't out, you'll be back. The reason to fragment is that some expect only S2K stuff to be posted. A lot of us are past that, and others can be too, if they feel like more part of a community. I'm not going to look it up but I'm pretty sure the definiton of a community isn't 5 million or so people. A "community" in my mind (as shrunk as it is), should be small. If there are events going on, we can cross post. Why bother everyone else with buddie threads when they don' care about them?

Debate is good, I'm not picking on anyone. Shay, you know I love you. Your FC meet was my first. Just trying to open up people's minds as to why we are too big for one Florida Forum (in my opinion of course).

If we can't get seperate forums (I know that to be the case), can we add a Panhandle CO to the Florida Forums? That may be the middle ground.

We have J on the Gulf coast and that's it for us over here. You are good with the east. Keith is also a Florida CO, but he really is a "S. Florida" person. Look at his posts. Sorry Keith, I love you also, but you really only hang out with the S. Florida people and post on their forum. We need a panhandle person at least.

I don't mean to cause trouble. Maybe two COs on the east coast, and two on the west coast. I know Keith is a honest and great person, but for Florida as a whole, if we have Keith and Shay on the east coast, we need two also on the west. In reality, we have four on the west coast (Shay, Keith, Mav, and Worm), and only one on the Gulf. Not too even in my opinon. Sorry, gotta be honest.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:43 PM

BTW Dave...
I love animals but I didn't post pictures of my "buddies" because I just don't do that on this site. I DO NOT have a problem with ANYONE else doing that so don't take that wrong.
I guess my "buddies" are my kids and my wife has taken nearly 6,500 pics in the last 2 years with probably 5,500 being the kids, 500 of the Honda, and another 500 of misc. family, friends, etc. I grew up in a freakin' zoo at my folks' house so I have 1 dog and 2 saltwater tanks. That's plenty. My folks on the other hands have a kazillion "buddies" including 4 parrots, 1 dog, 125g mini reef, I think about 6 indoor cats now, probably another dozen strays that come there to eat, 8k gallon koi pond, and 4 above ground ponds (about 800g each) with smaller koi, goldfish, and turtles. It's a zoo. I do love "buddies" so no animal hating here.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:47 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
BTW Dave...
I love animals but I didn't post pictures of my "buddies" because I just don't do that on this site.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:49 PM

Dave - I didn't realize being a CO brought anymore attention to a particular region of Florida.

I have ZERO problems adding another CO or two. I don't know how the "system" works as far as how many you can have or anything but I guess my point is I was asked to be a CO because I used to be real active. Just like you. Other than being able to "stick" a thread at the top of the list instead of asking Keith to do it for me is about the only benefit I think any of the area guys have gotten.

Anyone can post anywhere so being a CO in an area really doesn't seem to hold any water IMO. It's more about whether you're active in your area or not. The title doesn't mean a thing.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
Dave - I didn't realize being a CO brought anymore attention to a particular region of Florida.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:07 AM

IMHO you central and south fl guys get all the action. I always see a new thread about a meet, or for sale offering locally first, ect... and when i check it, its naples, or orlando or miami or daytona. nothing for me or the guys to even bother checking into b/c most of us cant drive that far for a couple hour meeting or to pick up a CAI, that is my point, hopefully its understood. And thanx tidalwave for the support.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:29 AM

Dave,

I think you missed my point on the "buddies" comment. I wasn't saying it was an inappropriate thread. I was saying that we don't have that many threads even counting the ones that aren't related to the car or a meet. I said "sorry 'little buddies'" because I was afraid the posters in that thread would think I was picking on them (which it sounds like you did). I've read the "little buddies" thread and have been debating on whether or not to post any pics of mine (Samantha & Ella - samanella for short ). Anyway, my main point was that we don't have a huge number of threads even with it being almost all of FL and we could easily identify our posts as pertaining to a certain region without having to segment them out. That's all...

Again, just MO.

See Ya',
Bryan

Quick Reply: West Florida Forum