Old 02-11-2004, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget to vote!
Old 02-11-2004, 12:51 PM

I did I did.... I did see a putty tat!
Old 02-11-2004, 01:44 PM

it is worth a petition. I think the limiting factor is geography. The NOLA/GC forum really covers too much ground. with almost monthly meets in pensacola, it will quickly get confusing when there is a confliciting meet here in the cresent
Old 02-11-2004, 02:00 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

naynay, I got your PM from a few days ago, I'll reply tonight (sorry been too busy). As for voting in this poll, I will respectfully abstain from voting because your petition will not directly effect me or the SoFL group.

IMO, only those directly effected should vote and cast their opinion on this matter. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by mav
IMO, only those directly effected should vote and cast their opinion on this matter.
I strongly agree in this matter!
Old 02-11-2004, 07:13 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it's a great idea. It takes several hours to get to Jax and even more if you go South to Orlando or Tampa/St. Pete. Pensacola to Miami is one hell of a long days drive, something like 720 plus miles. It may be the same state but it's a big state.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:38 PM

^^Good Point
Old 02-12-2004, 03:51 PM

OK, I understand what you guys (/gals?) are wanting, but I have to say I disagree with it. For instance, where would the SuperMeet fall? Central Florida (Mid Florida)? So, then I might not find out about it until too late if I wasn't paying attention to that forum and only concentrating on NE FL. Maybe the SuperMeet is a bad example since the COs would probably get together and make sure it was posted in all of the regions, but you get the idea. I like that our NE FL events get broadcasted to everyone in FL. If they weren't we would never have had more than like 8 S2Ks at our events and I wouldn't know Chiung, Brad, Vic, Don, and all the other great folks in the Daytona area. Wei Shin probably never would have come to one of our get togethers either because he'd be concentrating on his Mid FL region and never see that we were going to get together in St. Augustine. It's not like the FL Forum is all that overpopulated with threads. I count 30 threads and some of those have nothing to do with FL (sorry "little buddies") and others are admin threads. I think the real solution would be to put something in the title of each of the threads to indicate what part of FL your thread is concerned with. That way, if you don't care about what is going on in another region, you can just ignore those threads. Maybe something simple like WFL for Tampa and the rest of the West coast of FL, NEFL for stuff up here in Jax/ St. Augustine, CFL for the Orlando area, SFL for the greater Miami area, etc. Me, I'm interested in all of the stuff going on in FL (GA too for that matter). I love to drive and I'm willing to make the trek to Atlanta or Miami or Tampa if the event's worth it to me. As Nvrquit4 said, "just my $.02".
Old 02-12-2004, 04:02 PM

I see what you are saying, and disagree. I don't know of anyone in this group that only reads one regional forum, I, for example, check NOLA, South Florida, and the Florida thread every time that I get on s2ki. The West Florida forum would just make it easier for us to keep in touch on local events just like everyone else. Just because you are part of NOLA (example) doesn't mean you are restricted to viewing the posts within that forum, which you know. If someone was really interested in meets and events they would surf through all the forums.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lbsypher
It's not like the FL Forum is all that overpopulated with threads.

Quick Reply: West Florida Forum