Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Warning Bad Dealership

Old 10-28-2004, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning Bad Dealership

I took my 04 S2000 with 13,000 miles on it to Kuhn Honda because the transmission sometimes won't go into 1st or 2nd gear almost like a missed shift but it wont go in know matter how slow and deliberately I shift it. I take a service guy on a test drive and it does it twice in a 5 minute drive. The service manger (weasel) says I have to authorize a tear down of the trannie and if they determine that its not warrantee then I will have to pay $800 just for the tear down. I respond that I'm not going to pay for repairs when I complained to American Honda the first week I had the car of the problem. I wanted to speak to a factory rep and was told they would make an appointment for that friday. Two weeks went by and I heard nothing so I stopped at Kuhn To talk to the service manager. He again said I would have to authorize the tear down. I repeated that it was under warrantee and the service manager said "I want you out of my shop and If you ever come back you'll be arrested. I went to talk to the general manager and I'm sitting in his office discussing the problem when the cops arrive and tell me I have to leave and I can't come back or they can arrest me.
I've purchased 6 new hondas in my life and they not only pissed me off but they made shore I will never spend another dollar there again.
Don't go to Kuhn Honda Volkswagen.

Ken
Old 10-28-2004, 11:56 AM

That's terrible Ken. Did you call Honda America customer service in Ohio and tell them what happend? They should be ashamed!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:12 PM

Crown Honda in St. Pete. is just as bad too! What good is a warantee if they never want to honor it? Did all the street racers that beat on their cars ruin it for us? I love Honda's and have had bad experiences at almost all Honda dealers. Maybe that's why I have a VW now?
Old 10-28-2004, 04:58 PM

I have said this to many members on this board before but my best friend owns Sun Honda in Sarasota if I can help just let me know!

Post your thoughts!~

http://www.dealerrater.com/
Old 10-28-2004, 07:17 PM

Space Coast Honda in Cocoa is awful..........when it comes to a purchase..... boy do they try to scam........

If their service department is as bad as their sales department, people need to stay far away from this place. Here is a link to the post of my experience with them:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...opic=97884&hl=
Old 11-01-2004, 08:11 AM

Is KUHN the new name on the old Lindell franchise on Kennedy? Too bad cause I have had positive experiences there in the past. Must have lost something in the changeover. You have any names of the folks you talked to? Just wondering if I recognize any of them. They did a great job on my tranny & clutch TSBs, with very little pressure from me.

Joser
Silver/Red
Old 11-01-2004, 10:46 AM

Kuhn is the old Lindell.

Very few of the management and service positions changed. The changes that I have seen there since the sale have been for the better. I'm really surprised at the way Ken was treated. I can only assume that he had a rookie service advisor. I don't know if the service manager is a different one than I dealt with but my only negative experience there (among many good ones) was a lot porter putting two scratches on my trunk lid with one of the plastic service hats. The service manager offered to have it high speed buffed at their expense. I ended up doing it myself because I don't trust anyone on my paint unless it's a simple random orbital. O.K., once they left the oil about a half quart low...2 bad experiences.

I'll be in there soon for an odd noise that I think is either the diff., a CV joint, or a wheel bearing. If they give me the same tratment as Ken the cops won't get there fast enough. You don't line the service drive with glass and tell me to get the hell out - things get broken and my front & rear fascias need repainting anyhow.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:43 PM

T
Please post your experience here. I may have a similar sound from the rear. 34K on my '00.

Joser
Silver/Red
Old 11-01-2004, 03:29 PM

The sound comes while the transaxle is under stress, typically while pulling away in 1st gear. It's hard to describe the sound verbally. It's more of a creaking than anything else, I guess. Mostly it's while the car is cold. I've not been able to reproduce the sound for anyone while the car's warm or hot. I emptied the trunk, lubed the rear sway bar bushings, to remove a few possibilities and it's still there. A Nissan tech. diagnosed it, purely by listening, as either a wheel bearing that's not moving freely or a tooth (or spline?) on the half-shaft... With all the experiences I've heard of with blown differentials I have to add that to the list of possibilities too. BTW, my '02's got 35K ish. Definitely need to get it in before 36K.

I won't be taking it in until I put the alignment back within factory specs. At least that way if it's a wheel bearing they can't try to claim it's my fault. I have the negative camber maxed out.

I'll post the results here but it'll be a few weeks. I have to keep the alignment as is until after the State Championship autocross in two weeks.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:15 AM

I talked to American Honda and their response was, "if the problem can't be duplicated every time you drive it then there is no problem." Can you believe that crap!! I asked if she understood the meaning of an intermittent problem. She said yes, but thats Honda's policy. I asked to speak to her supervisor and I was told they would call me back. They never called.
Then I received a private message on this site from a guy named Woodwork. He's the Service Engineer for the S2000.(tell honda forum) He told me that Honda knows about this problem on the 04 but they don't know what's causing it yet. He said he would make arrangements to fix my car under warrantee. He was supposed to call me yesterday. I'll let everyone know what happens

Ken

Quick Reply: Warning Bad Dealership