Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

tracks to auto-x?

Old 10-16-2007 | 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for being a newbie to autocross, I suggest the SCCA events. I usually attend the Deland events (they have one there every month) and there's always a good turn out and lots of other novices like us. So everyone is still learning.

I believe this season just ended so the SCCA events at Deland start back up in December. If you take a gander at our events calendar at the top of the forum, the autox events are listed.

Hope to see you out there!
Old 10-16-2007 | 12:51 PM

i cant make it saturday guys... i should make it sunday, if i dont have have sunday off then ill be there saturday too cuz ill quit my job if they dont give me sunday off, im tired of them dicking me around.
Old 10-16-2007 | 08:21 PM

im kind of scared ill make an ass of myself out there since its my first time auto crossing lol ill have no idea what ill be doig, so i rather not go to a big event my first time... and at least get the hang of it at smaller events...
Old 10-16-2007 | 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by qbmurderer13,Oct 16 2007, 08:21 PM
im kind of scared ill make an ass of myself out there since its my first time auto crossing lol ill have no idea what ill be doig, so i rather not go to a big event my first time... and at least get the hang of it at smaller events...
sebring was my first event. they have a novice class and belive me u will NOT be the only in it. and u wont get last, theres always somone in a viper or shelby clone that ends up being the slowest lol.

sebring would be perfect for ur first event cuz u get all the first time butterflys out and lots of seat time on saturday and then go into sunday knowing whats up.
Old 10-17-2007 | 05:22 AM

You have to start somewhere...just drive carefully and methodically, you'll have a great time.
Old 10-17-2007 | 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by fastgsx,Oct 17 2007, 08:22 AM
You have to start somewhere...just drive carefully and methodically, you'll have a great time.
From the driving schools I have been to, they say drive at 80% of your ability.
Old 10-17-2007 | 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by xupthree60,Oct 16 2007, 09:15 PM
sebring was my first event. they have a novice class and belive me u will NOT be the only in it. and u wont get last, theres always somone in a viper or shelby clone that ends up being the slowest lol.

sebring would be perfect for ur first event cuz u get all the first time butterflys out and lots of seat time on saturday and then go into sunday knowing whats up.
lol reminds me of the story about the guy in a Lambo Diablo SV that got smoked by Geo Metros and Miatas at an autocross.
Old 10-17-2007 | 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qbmurderer13,Oct 17 2007, 12:21 AM
Don't even stress it. We've all been novices at one point, we know how you feel, we've been there. The nice part about SCCA is you can ride with other drivers, or have them ride with you. They even have novice instructors, something you should defenately take advantage of.

I garantee it'll be one of the best driving experiences of your life.

Besides, there's nothing you can do out there on the course that hasn't already been done by everyone else, even the pro's. We all spin out. We all hit entire piles of cones sometimes. We even go off the track into the grass, sending a wall of dirt and sod at the spectators

It'll be fun. Don't stress it.
Old 10-17-2007 | 06:40 AM

with Wildcard. Do the instructor ride alongs! They're so beneficial and a blast! I suggest Kelly if he's there. He's a cart driver as well as an instructor but he's good.

Get there early, walk the track, do the novice track walk through and try to relax. We're all still learning how to get better and lots of us are still novices, like myself. I'd be there this weekend if I didn't have a wedding to attend.
Old 10-17-2007 | 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Yanahdi,Oct 17 2007, 05:54 AM
lol reminds me of the story about the guy in a Lambo Diablo SV that got smoked by Geo Metros and Miatas at an autocross.
metros probably are a joke... but ive learned to never knock a car at autox till uve seen it go. like the yaris... 0-15 u can beet it in a sprint but its one of the best handling cars out there and has the ability to destroy all with its 90hp engine.

but the miata is no joke, its been one of the best autox cars out there and always will be. i finnally got a chance to drive one and the handling is very similar to my car but rwd which of course more then makes up for its power being slightly less than mine (first gen). its really only about 250ish lbs lighter then mine but u really notice it in how it really throws u around in the slaloms, it was raining a lil so the top was up and i kept hitting my head on the side of the roof lol... and its probably even smaller then u think it is lol, im about one of the smallest guys out there (a very short 5'7" and 130lbs) and i feel crampt inside that thing lol i wasnt expecting that.

u also have to look at the fact that the geo owner is probably comfortable in his car and with his driving, and very comfortable taking the geo to its limit (however low that might be lol). while the diablo owner probably has no idea how to drive a car and is only there to justify his buying such a ridiculous car, while at the same time is scared to death of the car and scared to death to scratch it.

Quick Reply: tracks to auto-x?