tomorrow either

Old 07-02-2009 | 04:57 AM

Call Xtreme Auto Upholstry
407-447-9077
Ask for OMAR

tell him Willie Gee sentcha.

New top installed: $900
Old 07-02-2009 | 05:31 AM

I would order the Robbins top with the glass rear window conversion... You could get that top and have the frame converted by the upholstery place for the price of a new top installed by Honda...

Might as well upgrade now.

John
Old 07-02-2009 | 05:48 AM

thank you.... adjuster was here an gone... " not totalled " ty

recommended some upholstery shop in Jax...

yea, i saw that on majestic's web site...

was looking at ones off ebay too...

i'm not sure if i'm going glass or staying plastic...
Old 07-02-2009 | 08:56 AM

You'd be a fool to stay plastic. Glass is better in every imaginable way.
Old 07-02-2009 | 09:24 AM

respectfully.. fool isn't a word i'd have used.. i'm thinking plastic cause that's a larger viewing area... i'm thinking plastic cause well.. i grew up with old british sports cars an plastic was what it was.. and i'm thinking it's a 2001... if it was let's say a glass model year.. or i for what reason needed a rear window defroster.. maybe then i wouldn't even be considering plastic.. an old E- Type had glass... that was nice... but i am willing to be understanding and flexible... adapt, improvise, overcome
Old 07-02-2009 | 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ryuu,Jul 2 2009, 01:24 PM
respectfully.. fool isn't a word i'd have used.. i'm thinking plastic cause that's a larger viewing area... i'm thinking plastic cause well.. i grew up with old british sports cars an plastic was what it was.. and i'm thinking it's a 2001... if it was let's say a glass model year.. or i for what reason needed a rear window defroster.. maybe then i wouldn't even be considering plastic.. an old E- Type had glass... that was nice... but i am willing to be understanding and flexible... adapt, improvise, overcome
I didn't mean fool in the disrespectful way. I mean in the "that doesn't make any sense way". I have a 2001, and I did the conversion to glass myself last year.

- You cannot see more out of the plastic window then you can the glass window from the inside. The difference in surface area on the outside of the car make it seem like you can, but trust me you can't. Your field of view in the rearview mirror is right where it needs to be with the glass top IMHO.

- Since you're getting the top replaced it kinda doesn't matter what year your car is. Especially since ins is covering it.

- The clarity between the cleanest plastic window and a halfway cleaned glass window is uncomparable. Glass > Plastic

- You're on your own with the british sports cars. Can't help you there lol

Trust me, you want glass.
Old 07-02-2009 | 09:45 AM

the plastic window is a bit bigger ... but, the clarity wins out for me. And the glass doesn't require any special treatment (the plastic is known for 'fogging-up' and needs to be cleaned from both sides a few times a year.

I understand trying to keep it original ... so good luck with that
Old 07-02-2009 | 09:53 AM

ty... both excellent responces... yea i know the keeping the plastic clean... those who would know, know i smoke an that caused extra cleaning.. i'd have to see the view i think to know and another friend stated the increased plastic area to him made him feel it let in more heat / sun for damage to area's " we " don't notice... i can imagine that too.. i'll look at a few more glass models before i go an buy a top... i'm thinking to do the work myself.. gonna have to buy a mess a tools anyway... still not driving since I need a valve adjustment pretty seriously... but.. i didn't buy this for the short haul.. and i miss driving.. i'm going through V-Tech withdrawls...
Old 07-02-2009 | 10:02 AM

Do yourself another favor, pay someone to do the install.

I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy.
Old 07-02-2009 | 10:04 AM

Glass is awesome... i love it, and there really isn't any drastically different 'viewing' area in reality. the car still has the same blind spots... i don't have any trouble seeing out of the car with the top up.

DEFINITELY go to the guy that Bill mentioned though... the top on Bills car came out VERY nice! Thats who i'm going to if/when the time comes to have a new softy installed.

Quick Reply: tomorrow either