Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Thinking of FLA honeymoon, Any HELP?

Old 09-01-2005, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of FLA honeymoon, Any HELP?

I am thinking of a FLA honeymoonin 3 weeks. I dont know much about FLA. but that its a pretty place. My lady wants to see the dolphins and stay somewhere nice and clean. Other than that Pretty much whatever goes..I thought about disney?? Any recomendations on where to go.. Maybe an island or anything. Thanks Derick
Old 09-02-2005, 04:37 AM

depends....N. Florida is not "typical" florida. It has some older run down shacks....kind of a true "southern" town. If you are looking a "typical" florida (palm trees and beaches) I would look at the Daytona / Boca Raton areas. N. Florida does have a BEAUTIFUL area called Indian Pass. You can rent an entire house, and you will be one of a few people there. Same thing with Cape San Blas. If you are looking for a more popular place, St. George Island is good. But these are all N. Florida spots, with pine trees and fishing shacks.

John
Old 09-02-2005, 04:39 AM

I am plannINg on driving so Miami may be a bit to far...Leaving on sept.25 and coming home a week later.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:26 AM

where you coming from? Do you want typical florida, or back water florida? Also, be cautious, as there is almost no gas is FL now, due to the Katrina disaster that wiped out a supply pipeline. Those stations that do have gas have imposed a $20 limit, and at $3.50 a gallon, that is not much.

Look up St. George Island State Park. It is gorgeous. Also look up Indian Pass and Cape San Blas. Also, look up Sea Side...that is a COOL community....city ordinance requires that ALL houses must have a metal roof.

John
Old 09-07-2005, 07:21 PM

All right here is what I would like to do... The discovery cove dolphin thing, is something I think she would love. Disney yes, sea world yes, Couple of days on a beach yes... I think we could stay toward Sarasota, or the other places there but I cant seem to find a really nice resort... Anyone have suggestions on a nice place to stay at one of the beaches that has the clear coastal water? We just want to unwind somewhere for a day or 2 and then get on with the touring. For the ones who didnt read my post before...I am coming from NC via car...I am getting married on the 24th and will be headed this way on the 25th...Thanks for all your help!!!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:35 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's a bit of a drive from Orlando but I'm a big fan of Sanibel Island. I honeymooned there and went back for a 2nd honeymoon on our 8th or 10th. You could spend a couple of days doing the Orlando thing and drive down for a couple of days at Sanibel Island and then work your way back up the west coast. Maybe stop and swim with the Manatee's...
Old 09-10-2005, 11:15 AM

Got o Longboat Key, FL. It is across the bay from Sarasota. Stay at the Sea Horse Inn. It is like $200ish a night, but it is LITERALLY ON THE BEACH. All rooms are suites with separate living / kitchen / bathroom / bedrooms. Beach is absolutely GORGEOUS! If you are looking for some fun in that area, rent a boat for a day, and take a trip out to Beer Can Island. If you are there on a nice weekend, there should be a hundred or so people on there having fun on the sandbar. Just cruise out, anchor, pop a drink, and sit back and RELAX!

My grandfather is from Sarasota, so I you need any advice on stuff there in town, let me know. You will probably want to check out the Ringling Museum and the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens.

Shoot me a PM if you need any references or anything...... If your lady likes to shop, take her to St. Armands Square on St. Armands Key. Its in between Sarasota and Longboat Key.

It's a bit of a drive from Orlando but I'm a big fan of Sanibel Island. I honeymooned there and went back for a 2nd honeymoon on our 8th or 10th. You could spend a couple of days doing the Orlando thing and drive down for a couple of days at Sanibel Island and then work your way back up the west coast. Maybe stop and swim with the Manatee's...
Last I heard, Sanibel got wiped out with Charley....as well as Captiva.....might want to look into that... The Port Charlotte area is still in ruins in some areas.

John