Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

They do the jobs Americans don't want

Old 01-30-2008, 02:33 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts
Default They do the jobs Americans don't want

Well along with the fall of the housing market, something else has happened around me.

Most of the migrant population has left and now I think I can answer the question.
WHO"S GOING TO DO THE JOBS AMERICANS DON"T WANT?

The local grocery stores are once again filled with retirees doing the cashier and bagging stuff. I guess they don't mind doing that.

The lawn crews running around are speaking English and aren't latin anymore.
I guess they don't mind doing that.

The restaurants cooks servers etc are also no longer latino for the most part.
I guess they don't mind doing that either

Where did the migrants go?

Who are these people filling their jobs?

Do you see this happening around you too?

It's interesting.

fltsfshr
Old 01-30-2008, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.... thats gonna spark a heated debate.

On another note, is your avatar a skinned ass? I swear that is a sphincter.....?
Old 01-30-2008, 03:04 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

It's lamb chops. I had a beautiful girl there before but she was considered too racy fo our members so I went for lamb chops.

I hope this thread doesn't turn heated, it wasn't meant that way, rather it's more of an observation. I'd like to know if other people are seeing this happening in their community too.

fltsfshr
Old 01-30-2008, 03:15 AM

Well, if you want to avoid turning up the heat, stick to non-controversial issues like religion versus science or intelligent design versus Darwinian evolution.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:22 AM

Well that lamb chop has a butt-hole
Old 01-30-2008, 04:06 AM

Why don't you post these in the Politics forum?
Old 01-30-2008, 04:40 AM

Wink

posting political issues in our forum is OK. Grant may be wanting a local perspective on the topics he posts about.

I dont want to see this forum fill up with politico issues but a few topics (especially during political times) is warranted.

Plus it good to discuss stuff on a local level.

Just dont lash out and make it personal. people should be able to have differing opinions without making any political topic a drama fest.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PrimoGen,Jan 30 2008, 08:40 AM
posting political issues in our forum is OK. Grant may be wanting a local perspective on the topics he posts about.

I dont want to see this forum fill up with politico issues but a few topics (especially during political times) is warranted.

Plus it good to discuss stuff on a local level.

Just dont lash out and make it personal. people should be able to have differing opinions without making any political topic a drama fest.
i agree and well said.

as for the immigrants ... they are still around ... even the legal ones. But, just remember that there are 2 parts to that equation: the people who are willing to work for less money ... and the people who are willing to risk hiring them. There will be fewer of the latter now that it is considered distasteful in the eyes of the general public.

But, just as folks begin to be happy about seeing 'regular' americans working in the fields ... they also will start to complain about the rising costs of the produce. You can't have one without the other.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:00 AM

and do you think for one second that if all of the illegal workers, who work for so little because they dont have to pay taxes and dont have the same liabilities as americans, were to suddenly have to become "legal" and pay taxes and contribute to society, would work for the rate they currently do so at?

hell no

as soon as they would be forced to do what the rest of us do every day, their standard of work and pay would fall in step to us americans pretty damn quick. They dont complain or demand more now because what they are doing is illegal. Start taking money away from them while validating their position and see what happens....

<can-o-worms>
Old 01-30-2008, 05:05 AM

and lets say all the illegal workers were to just suddenly disappear like magic and americans were forced to fill those positions....are you ready and willing to pay 14.00 for a head of lettuce???

That is exactly what would happen. We as a people are too proud to hold meanial jobs. Even the most down-trodden americans would pretty much refuse to work at what would be the league minimum in cases like this.

there would be a blood sucking union for every task ever invented.

Quick Reply: They do the jobs Americans don't want