Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

TBA Night Cruise on Sat. Sept 13

Old 09-04-2003, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey kids! I know I mentioned this earlier but you all know I've had a lot going on. Well now I can let you in on my fiendish plans.

I wanted to propose a night cruise in Pinellas. The next full moon is on Sept. 11. Since this is not a good date, the Saturday after is the plan. Starting with dinner and ending with drinking (if you're so inclined). We might even fit some driving somewhere between too . Here's the plan...

Starting at The Pub Waterfront Restaurant, 20025 Gulf Blvd, Indian Shores, FL 33785 (in the middle of this page: http://tampabaybeaches.com/scripts/gbshow5...5a.cgi/rests/is). This is right on the intercoastal with plenty of seating outside. We should be able to get a couple of tables together and there is plenty of secure parking. Let's meet at The Pub around 6:30 PM.

The sun sets at 7:39 PM that night so after dinner, it's night cruise time. Up Gulf Blvd. across the Bellaire Causeway, through the fancy neighborhoods of Bellaire (you might even get to see Hulk Hogan), across the Clearwater Causeway and ending at Leverock's at Clearwater Beach. No, this place did not burn down. The location in New Port Richey was the one (http://www.sptimes.com/2003/08/22/Pasco/Le...avaged_by.shtml).

I know some of you are not drinkers but Leverock's has an outdoor tiki bar under the Sand Key bridge that is really great at night and right near the water. Even if you aren't drinking, it's a cool place to hang out and talk.

There currently is a 40% chance of rain, but hey, when isn't there?!?!? I'll monitor it and if it's going to rain all night, we'll call it off. Hopefully, everyone can make it. No spirited driving like my last meet. Just a nice casual cruise.

Interest:
jvrabel+jimsbitch (obviously)
FLS2K
Tidal
Hygieneboy
JustBlaze
Joe G. (my friend)
cthird062
ahole99 (sorry, I meant nole99)
Old 09-04-2003, 02:56 PM

I haven't heard from Andy re the party at his parents' place so let's do it.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:32 PM

No Post Corner Pizza? I think I'm game. I'll run it by the wife. She'll have to be the dd for us to get back home. That's not to imply that I drink beer or anything.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:06 PM

Hey that's my 28th birthday! I expect good presents from everybody in TBAS2K, turbo, exhaust, amuse front lip, ect. , whatever mods that fit your guys budget, or maybe you could just wish me happy birthday and find me a dancing girl! (Dave, you got your avitar back!)
Old 09-04-2003, 05:10 PM

Happy B-Day Troy. Sorry no presents I have to spend $600 just to put cabinets in the garage so I can get more space to bring the Ferrari kit home to work on it. I think Z-Doc's is running out of room.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by hygiene boy
Hey that's my 28th birthday! I expect good presents from everybody in TBAS2K, turbo, exhaust, amuse front lip, ect. , whatever mods that fit your guys budget, or maybe you could just wish me happy birthday and find me a dancing girl! (Dave, you got your avitar back!)
So Troy, are you doing the night drive? I'll buy a drink afterwards. Yeah, S2Ki decided to let people have avatars, but no sigs without paying the membership fees.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:57 AM

I'm ready to drive all night but if there's a puddle in my way I'm turning around!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by tidalwdave
No Post Corner Pizza?
Post Corner's a PITA for parking. List has been added above.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:29 AM

Jeff is still a month away from getting his car back.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:00 AM

I'm not promising to be any fun during this event. I have to make sure I don't sit in the car too long AND I can't drink. THIS SUCKS.

Quick Reply: TBA Night Cruise on Sat. Sept 13