Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

TAMPA's NEW CO... ?

Old 07-27-2008, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!! I have not had the time to be on the site for the last couple of days and tonight I see this..... Rob, all I can say is THANK YOU for everything!!!! You and Melissa have opened your home to julie and I on several occassions and that says alot about a person. Julie and I consider you guys very good friends!!!!!!! The invite to Jax is still open and will remain open till you guys come down. Rob you have done a great job and I believe you will still be involved because you are very passionate about this community. Good luck and best wishes,

Art
Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 PM

You did a fantastic job Rob as CO. I had fun on the couple events I went to that you had setup. I know whoever is voted next will have some shoes to fill.

Roger
Old 07-28-2008, 07:43 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by triman54,Jul 25 2008, 08:50 PM
We'll all miss you.
this reply from someone who rarely posts less than 200 words per posts is just a huge slice of irony

very kind words but I expected so much more from you.....LOL Just kidding (I am not fishing for more compliments, you all are very kind for all the humbling comments)

Sometimes the right words don't need any expounding
Old 07-28-2008, 07:44 AM

I think Jay has been sipping on the cough syrup again.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:39 AM

Damnit Rob I am trying to think of who I think would best follow in your foot steps but there is just no way that I can settle on one candidate. We already have the best possible CO we could want. In truth, I think we should each work to organize around the Tampa area more, it has been dead lately.

I would be equally happy to nominate Billy, Barry, or Chip. I want it to go to the person who says they will do their best to give our community the leader it needs. Basically, whichever candidate thinks they have the time and dedication to be active in the forums and the most proactive leader setting up events.

Whichever candidate knows they can do this, I say, should get it.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I was retired so I had time to do it. My job keeps me hopping and I have been tapped for a leadership position with the Lions Club on the district level. My plate is just too full right now.

As alway I will help out the new CO in any way that I can.....and trash him incesantly behind his back Just kidding .
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by captainbk,Jul 28 2008, 02:37 PM
I wish I was retired so I had time to do it. My job keeps me hopping and I have been tapped for a leadership position with the Lions Club on the district level. My plate is just too full right now.

As alway I will help out the new CO in any way that I can.....and trash him incesantly behind his back Just kidding .
Now Dad! That's not being a good example for your children and grandchildren.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:25 PM

Don't make us put you in a home.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jesusphish,Jul 28 2008, 04:25 PM
Don't make us put you in a home.

not the HOME
Old 07-28-2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Brownsound,Jul 28 2008, 10:39 AM
Damnit Rob I am trying to think of who I think would best follow in your foot steps but there is just no way that I can settle on one candidate. We already have the best possible CO we could want. In truth, I think we should each work to organize around the Tampa area more, it has been dead lately.

I would be equally happy to nominate Billy, Barry, or Chip. I want it to go to the person who says they will do their best to give our community the leader it needs. Basically, whichever candidate thinks they have the time and dedication to be active in the forums and the most proactive leader setting up events.

Whichever candidate knows they can do this, I say, should get it.
This community is very strong thanks to Rob's leadership over the past few years, and to its many members. I think the thing I have admired most about the way Rob has handled his role is that while he is the point man he has allowed, even encouraged all of us to plan & do events.

On the major things like SPGP, last years Dragon trip, etc. he has been the point man, however others are always there to assist. This also is a reflection of the quality of people we have in the community.

For me I think expanding on this approach will keep the community strong and vibrant. It is amazing when you think about the diverisity of our group, young and older (notice I didn't say old), students, blue collar, white collar, & professional, yet we all get along.

The common thread, the S2000. Keeping events based on this will help keep everyone involved.

Rob's shoes can't be filled, his unique style is his alone and I won't pretend to think that I could. The good news is that Rob and all the other Co-CO'S (as Rob previously appointed us) will be there to keep the community active.

I have some specific ideas I will share when the nomination process closes and it is appropiate.

Quick Reply: TAMPA's NEW CO... ?