Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

TAMPA's NEW CO... ?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob,

I completely respect your decision, and would like to personally thank you (even though I'm a South Florida person except for the SPGP) for your hard work and dedication to the community. Based on the few times we have met, I can imagine how difficult it was to come to your decision.

Best regards and I certainly hope to be lucky enough to participate in the SPGP again in the future.

Mitch
Old 07-25-2008, 10:46 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by S2KSuzuka,Jul 25 2008, 01:37 PM
Rob,

I completely respect your decision, and would like to personally thank you (even though I'm a South Florida person except for the SPGP) for your hard work and dedication to the community. Based on the few times we have met, I can imagine how difficult it was to come to your decision.

Best regards and I certainly hope to be lucky enough to participate in the SPGP again in the future.

Mitch
thanks....... I will be as involved as I possibly can be for all SPGP functions. If Shay is not involved I will fail miserably but I dont see how I could pass off that project (it is too much fun). The future CO will have to be involved and then evaluate how much of it they can handle before we could effectively talk about what should happen with that event.

Plus, it is so logistically retarded, no one else could drool enough on themselves and be comfortable in the safety helmet and restraints to be able to perform the duties......
Old 07-25-2008, 11:16 AM

The SPGP event is something that, in my opinion, Rob must be involved in. Rob & Shay have spent mucho time building this event to what it is today and our community is lucky to have it.

This project/event demands the people who know its inner workings best at the helm.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=PrimoGen,Jul 25 2008, 02:46 PM]thanks....... I will be as involved as I possibly can be for all SPGP functions.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:39 AM

Old 07-25-2008, 11:39 AM

I nominate captainbk (Chip) if he hasn't been officially nominated.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:26 PM

Man you fly around one day and all hell breaks loose!

I am sorry to lose Rob but I know why. When I arranged with Jay to work to get Rob as the new CO I knew it was a good decision and he has done far better than anyone could have expected.

Now as for a new forum leader. All the candidates are awesome and anyone of them could do well.

Rob would you post a short list of what is expected of the CO. That might make guys think twice about doing it.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by fltsfshr,Jul 25 2008, 01:26 PM

fltsfshr
I may have to rethink about who I want to vote for.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:27 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by Sub-Zero,Jul 25 2008, 03:26 PM
Rob would you post a short list of what is expected of the CO. That might make guys think twice about doing it.
Here is what HondaGal has to say (edited for length and to exclude establishment of new regions) and its a small list but one that carries a good amount of weight:

We have had some questions regarding the roles of a CO, and we should have done this a long time ago.

The Community Organizer is not a moderator. I prefer not to associate the word "moderator" with Community Organizer. When occupying this role you do have moderator priviledges, only for the reason of keeping the peace within your organization, and keeping unauthorized advertisers out. We tell every forum moderator to not over moderate as this appears to be to heavy handed. If you need to edit a thread, make sure you post a note as to why. Or, if you have to lock a thread, post your reasoning.

S2Ki Directors do not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. All regional community forums, were requested by people in that area. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to the plate to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worth while.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

Developing a club "Community"
Maintain the membership list
Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
Take the lead in organizing local or community events
If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself.
As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000.
You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.
Inside of the "CO Forum" there is a wealth of feedback and sometimes debate on the roles of a CO.

as recently as Wednesday, I had defined the roles of a CO as this:

Here is my definition of what CO has meant to me:

1. S2ki and S2000 flag waver!. The CO should promote the website and the community offered by his/her local forum to any and all S2000 owners/drivers he comes in contact with. Reaching out and telling these people about the site and the community and how they can be a aprt of a truely great online and local community.

2. Event planner and organizer. When possible a CO should facilitate meets and events. They should have a decent bead on the local scene and be able to put together meet and greets. This is not some huge undertaking for the most part. Yes, there are a few large events that happen that require much planning and logistics; but most of the time is is simply posting a thread and keeping a roll call.

3. local thread overseer. i did not necessarily say moderator or police force but we have a duty to read all the posts and try our best to keep order and civility in our repective areas.

Being a CO is not filling the bill on any ONE of those aspects, persay. You can never plan a single meet but be a great online CO, keeping all the post read and in line. You can never close or edit a thread but be one of the best event planners and posters that has ever lived. etc etc

These types of people are great but the BEST CO's are the ones who balance all of it together and keep the community growing and thriving.

This is a tall order to fill because we all have strengths and weaknesses.
I will discuss with anyone (in person or on the phone) any aspect they would like more info on.

CO is a great thing to experience. i was not sure myself what I was getting into 3 years ago. Since then I have witnessed some of the best days of my life...and I have gone to bed with a few headaches as well.

it doesn't pay well (if you want money) and there are no benefits (if you are looking for a dental plan) but it will pay off in spades with fun and excitement and the benefit of the people you meet and affect will stick with you long after your teeth fall out.

Chip: you have been nominated by James if you accept this nomination I will gladly add you name to the roster.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think comparable MOOB size is an important selection criteria.....Barry?

Quick Reply: TAMPA's NEW CO... ?