Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Tampa Area Questions

Old 02-11-2004 | 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tampa Area Questions

My wife/family and I are considering moving to the Tampa area...We are looking for some advise from area members on a nice area to look for a house. Our priorities are a nice family area (two young kids and one teen) with good schools, low crime, newer upscale type developments would be nice...Looking to spend $350K or so for 4 beds+/pool/3 car garage (for the S and E30 M3 track car!)-Seems really cheap compared to the Northeast but we don't know the area...What road course tracks/autocross venues are within reasonable driving disatnce?...Any input appreciated!TIA
Bob
Old 02-11-2004 | 05:40 PM

Chin Motorsports does a lot of track events. http://chinmotorsports.com/ . Autocross events are held in Brandon at the Florida State Fairgrounds, in St. Pete across the bay, and in Zeypherhills north of Tampa.

Nice housing in South Brandon (east of Tampa) would be at Fish Hawk Ranch. New community, brand new schools within. Houses and shopping/fast food still being built. http://fishhawkranch.com/welcome_flash.htm

Cheval in North Tampa would be nice also. In your price range, you should be able to find a lot all over Tampa. Just depends where in Tampa you want to live.
Old 02-11-2004 | 05:46 PM

Other sites you may want to visit.

http://www.tampagov.net/site_map.asp

http://relocation.tbo.com/
Old 02-11-2004 | 06:19 PM

Wow, thanks for the quick replies!
That Fishhawk ranch looks like a nice place to check out...How far is that to Tampa downtown area?
Weather is making me real jealous.... :-) (35-40 here last couple of days feels like a heatwave!)
Thanks,
Bob
Old 02-11-2004 | 06:21 PM

Hi

Sarasota area is great if your considering good schools and nice medium to really high upscale housing.

We live in Venice and love it. Crime is low down here, but that's because the old geezers can't run too fast and pretty much always get caught

I would say that your job would have to probably be the biggest influence on where you decide to live.
Old 02-11-2004 | 07:09 PM

Hey I just moved down to Florida from Springfield, MA area and let me tell you it is so much better down here. The house you are describing shoudn't cost you much more than $200 and maybe less. I came down here thinking I was going to live in the Tampa Bay area, seeing how I love going to the beach and having the ocean all around me. But I ended up in Orlando and I really love it here, there are beaches less than an hour away and there I always something to do. It's really nice in Orlando I would highly consiter it if I were you. Anyway good luck with the move and if you have any questions for a fellow Northerner shoot me an email.
Old 02-12-2004 | 04:34 AM

For 350k you can get a LOT of house around here depending on the area. As someone mentioned above, South Brandon/Bloomingdale is nice (I'm looking to buy a house soon and I'm strongly considering that area). New Tampa is nice too but the traffic is ridiculous (takes me 30 mins to go a mile & a half sometimes, not even rush hour!). For $350k though you could find something in Cory Lake Isles which is closer to an alternative lower traffic route. Cheval is nice too. I guess it really just depends on what kind of area you want to live in and where you'll be working.
Old 02-12-2004 | 05:47 AM

Don't feel you must live on the East side of Tampa Bay to enjoy the area. Pinellas county to the west sports some of the area's best beaches and living. Check out the Palm Harbor area for good schools, nice safe neighborhoods and close to everything. $300K will get you what you are looking for in a very nice neighborhood. So many options! Good luck.

Joser
Silver/Red
Old 02-12-2004 | 06:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joser
Don't feel you must live on the East side of Tampa Bay to enjoy the area.
Old 02-12-2004 | 07:12 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tidalwdave

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Questions