Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Spods?

Old 04-26-2009 | 11:24 AM

Default Spods?

Anyone know where I can get some of these?

Haven't seen many floating around the forums. Searching eBay and google gave me nothing.

Also, does anyone have these and suggest getting them or not?
Old 04-26-2009 | 01:21 PM

I have had them for probably 5 1/2 - 6 years now. Definitely made a nice difference in the old AP1 setup IMO. I remember the guy that made them was named Mark (pretty sure anyway). I would go to the stereo forum and do a search for S-pods and see what you can find. Maybe he's still around but I would guess after Honda started doing their own version his market probably dropped quite a bit.

Here's a couple pictures that were more of my track set up but you can see the front and back of the S-pods in the stock hoops. I got OEM black leather and it matches perfectly. Newbies don't even realize I have speakers in there.

Best of luck,
Shay

Old 04-26-2009 | 02:42 PM

I run my sound behind the seat. I don't like the sound right at my head

Old 04-26-2009 | 02:55 PM

how does it sound behind the seat like that?
Old 04-26-2009 | 03:01 PM

I have mine behind the seat also, sounds good! I had them mounted with the cheap ebay headrest setup before, they sounded fine but the look and the fit were sub-par. I didn't think my Polk 6.5" speakers would fit, but the magnet just barely squeaked into the available space behind that panel.
Old 04-26-2009 | 03:08 PM

How'd you mount them behind the seat like that? Just cut a hole and stuck em in there?
How much clearance is there? Did you need like a special shallow mount speaker?

S2KPUDDYDAD, what diameter are those?
Old 04-26-2009 | 03:32 PM

The magnet needs to be able to fit into the space between the metal back there...maybe 3.5" is all the clearance you get. Slimmer speakers are better, otherwise it can limit the seat travel. I had to mount the 6.5s low to fit the magnet in that space. My seats can go as far back as they could with the headrest speakers I had before.

I just measured and cut the back piece to fit, then mounted the speaker to the panel itself with screws and a backing plate.

Name:  IMGP3181.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  IMGP3183.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  65.4 KB
Old 04-26-2009 | 04:13 PM

Will-

There is a member on here... Lucid, who makes those panels pre-finished. I can't find where he is in business anymore... His site is down.

The S-Pods were also made by an s2ki member... Marks2002, I believe. I am not sure if he is selling them anymore, but his site is at least still functional. I have spoken with him via email before, and he makes them all out of his house. If you shoot him an email, he might make you a set...
http://streetsmarttechnologies.net/

John
Old 04-26-2009 | 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by jwa4378,Apr 26 2009, 04:13 PM
Will-

There is a member on here... Lucid, who makes those panels pre-finished. I can't find where he is in business anymore... His site is down.

The S-Pods were also made by an s2ki member... Marks2002, I believe. I am not sure if he is selling them anymore, but his site is at least still functional. I have spoken with him via email before, and he makes them all out of his house. If you shoot him an email, he might make you a set...
http://streetsmarttechnologies.net/

John
Lucid went out of business and sold his remaining inventory on S2KCA.
Old 04-26-2009 | 04:33 PM

Lucid is out of biz but, you can cut your own it is not hard at all.

I used a set of 5 1/2" round component speakers made by Exile. The speakers come with a nice cross over and a separate tweeter. The tweeter is mounted behind the vented area in the rear panel next to the midrange bass speaker. The midrange bass speaker uses an inverted magnet design that allows for a shallow mount. The components fit very nicely without any metal cutting.
I use a Boston GT amp to power them.

I use this Boston GT amp to power the 6 1/2" Boston Pro components that are in the doors.

The sound is very good

Quick Reply: Spods?