Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

speakers behind the seats?

Old 07-22-2006, 02:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default speakers behind the seats?

I have a set of infinity 93.3i and would like to put them somewhere in the car but i find that most people put them behind their seats. The seat would act as a dampener and you wouldnt hear 100% of what the speakers have to offer. Anybody tried putting them on the convertible panel?
Old 07-22-2006, 03:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speakers in the rear should only be for fill, they should not be as loud, and certainly not louder (which they would be if you put them in s-pods without turning them down through the amp/hu) than the fronts.

At most, I'd want them behind the seat, I'd want them as low as possible.

But some people do like lots of sound from behind, if you are one of those, put them in s-pods instead and leave the fader at 0...
Old 07-22-2006, 04:34 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Putting them in the convertible panel may work, I'm not sure Try looking in the car Stereo forum If you are under 6' behind the seat works great

The following users liked this post:
Erik Phillips (10-14-2020)
Old 07-22-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had them behind the seats as well as in S-pods. While I still use them just for fill, I have to say from my experience the rollhoop location (s-pods) is far superior to behind the seats. Then again, s-pods are pretty over-priced so it might not be worth the $$ to you.

My $0.02
Old 07-22-2006, 08:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's also a "ghetto mod" for the S-pods. J and a few of the TBA guys have them. Basically just a rubber kids play ball from Wal-Mart cut in half that acts like a "cabinet" for the speaker. You mount that to the mesh in the headrest. You'd have to see it but from what I've heard people have been please especially considering you're out just a couple bucks for the ball and maybe some zip ties or something.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:02 AM

VERY ghetto mod. Unless they improved on it some. I remember at the last super meet i was like WTF, is that a kickball? Theres gotta be a better way, IMO.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KnJax,Jul 22 2006, 01:02 PM
VERY ghetto mod. Unless they improved on it some. I remember at the last super meet i was like WTF, is that a kickball? Theres gotta be a better way, IMO.
That was it (kick ball).

I have the S-pods but am in bad need of a serious stereo upgrade but frankly I don't drive the S unless the top is down so don't really care much. Kick ball = not for me BUT for a few bucks might be worth tinkering with until one saved up for the S-pods or doing the panel cut. Willie Gee has done speakers in the rear top well I THINK. Either that or it was venting for his sub or something. Ask him.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:32 AM

I've got the s-pods. I love 'em. Over power your fronts and run your rears off the headunit. You will be fine.

The convertable cover can be used to install speakers but only with some serious modding and if your top is down you can forget about any sound, and enjoy the sound of damaging your speakers.

Deppenma (sp?) did it for competition sound. One hell of an install.

here's some pics:

Old 07-23-2006, 04:50 PM

Wow! That is off the hook!

I would love to see the bottom of that. Did he remove go all the way into the trunk and was it a box?

Too many questions so little time. Love the CF.

I would never do that because it is too much trouble to remove the top and in FL during the summer you need a top to drive.

I have the S pods and the are the best rear stereo mod. Nice and clear and they look good.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:05 PM

Must be hell puttin the top back up!!

Quick Reply: speakers behind the seats?