Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Solution to Overheating Problems

Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution to Overheating Problems

RSR- Radiator Switch Relocator

I am not sure if anyone else has come across any overheating problems or not, but I believe I have devised a way to make the radiator fan turn on sooner to reduce the radiator expansion from constant heating and cooling of the radiator. Since the switch is so low on the radiator, it never sees the hot water, because the water mostly stays at the top of the radiator.
My radiator has cracked on the back side where the cap is from all of the heating and cooling, and I have designed a fitting that goes into the radiator hose, and you screw the stock rad fan switch into the new fitting. We also have a plug for the old place where the switch went before. Radiator turns on much sooner, therefore reducing the amount of heat getting built up in the radiator.
I am not sure what we are going to sell this part for, but we are currently going to start mass producing it for everyone with an s2k. I am thinking of selling part for $25. Good and fair price for labor and parts. Including the benefits of the part

Once I put up the item for sale, I will include instructions for perfect operation.
Let me know what you guys think???
I would appreciate the feedback.

ASAP...I will post some pics of the RSR on the car when I get a chance.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:35 PM

See Florida-Florida selling rules. Must be a member to sell. Good idea though.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:39 PM

im finally a member!!! here is a pic of the original part, hoaned and sealed, not leaks.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:12 AM

I had a similiar problem. I savor the simplicity of your solution because mine was quite complicated.

My problem solving first started with a total remapping of the ECU. Realizing that the problem stemmed from the inability of the coolant system to match the differential flow rates for air pressure at varying ambient temperatures and aero-densities, and then tracing this problem to a lack of processor speed for the ECU, I replaced the hard-wiring of that unit with a bio-metric feedback loop which increased speed almost seven-fold.

With the electronic part of the equation dealt with, I then turned my attention to the reexamining the hardware. If your office has a central file server, then you can imagine the next thing I had to deal with: as you know it is not uncommon in an office setting to experience systemic problems with a substantial upgrade of soft-ware capability without a concomitant hardware upgrade. The soft-ware overpowers the the ability of the hardware to handle it. The problem is analogous to idiopathic neurocardiogenic syncopy: the autonomic electro-biological charge that increases heart rate is overpowered by the obverse charge which suppresses it, leading to a loss of consciousness, just like a fuse being blown.

I am sure that you figured out what I did next. I renovated the cooling system entirely with a magneto-hydrodynamic drive. If you recall, we experimented with this several years ago but never could make it work. It was really the Russians who perfected this technology in their Typhoon-class boomers. Now having plasma-charged air particles to work with, it was a rather straight-forward task to route them into the cooling system with forced induction cooling rods, thereby regulating temperature with electro-magnetic fields instead of hydrodynamics.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by triman54,Nov 15 2007, 04:12 AM
I had a similiar problem. I savor the simplicity of your solution because mine was quite complicated.

My problem solving first started with a total remapping of the ECU. Realizing that the problem stemmed from the inability of the coolant system to match the differential flow rates for air pressure at varying ambient temperatures and aero-densities, and then tracing this problem to a lack of processor speed for the ECU, I replaced the hard-wiring of that unit with a bio-metric feedback loop which increased speed almost seven-fold.

With the electronic part of the equation dealt with, I then turned my attention to the reexamining the hardware. If your office has a central file server, then you can imagine the next thing I had to deal with: as you know it is not uncommon in an office setting to experience systemic problems with a substantial upgrade of soft-ware capability without a concomitant hardware upgrade. The soft-ware overpowers the the ability of the hardware to handle it. The problem is analogous to idiopathic neurocardiogenic syncopy: the autonomic electro-biological charge that increases heart rate is overpowered by the obverse charge which suppresses it, leading to a loss of consciousness, just like a fuse being blown.

I am sure that you figured out what I did next. I renovated the cooling system entirely with a magneto-hydrodynamic drive. If you recall, we experimented with this several years ago but never could make it work. It was really the Russians who perfected this technology in their Typhoon-class boomers. Now having plasma-charged air particles to work with, it was a rather straight-forward task to route them into the cooling system with forced induction cooling rods, thereby regulating temperature with electro-magnetic fields instead of hydrodynamics.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by triman54,Nov 15 2007, 01:12 AM

Um... I think you forgot to mention the flux capacitor.

1.21 gigawatts!?! Great Scott!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 AM

<QUOTE>I had a similiar problem. I savor the simplicity of your solution because mine was quite complicated.

I am sure that you figured out what I did next. I renovated the cooling system entirely with a magneto-hydrodynamic drive. If you recall, we experimented with this several years ago but never could make it work. It was really the Russians who perfected this technology in their Typhoon-class boomers. Now having plasma-charged air particles to work with, it was a rather straight-forward task to route them into the cooling system with forced induction cooling rods, thereby regulating temperature with electro-magnetic fields instead of hydrodynamics. </QUOTE>

wow, that does sound like a pain in the ars
Old 11-15-2007, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by S2K_LAD_AP1,Nov 15 2007, 02:50 AM
Um... I think you forgot to mention the flux capacitor.

1.21 gigawatts!?! Great Scott!
Are you mocking me?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:35 AM

bio-metric feedback loop? LOL
magneto-hydrodynamic drive? Isn't that the thing from Red October that made their subs whisper quiet?

man triman your posts are a gold mine.
The problem is analogous to idiopathic neurocardiogenic syncopy: the autonomic electro-biological charge that increases heart rate is overpowered by the obverse charge which suppresses it, leading to a loss of consciousness, just like a fuse being blown.
This is AAA grade BS. You should work in patent law, I can only imagine the arguments you could make against an examiner.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Yanahdi,Nov 15 2007, 07:35 AM
magneto-hydrodynamic drive? Isn't that the thing from Red October that made their subs whisper quiet?
You win; it was on AMC last night.

It's tough to work in movie lines into an auto post. It is almost straight from the scene where Jack Ryan is talking to his former buddy at the shipyard where a U.S. sub is being built. Ryan shows him the spy photos of the modified Typhoon-class boomer with the caterpillar drive.

Quick Reply: Solution to Overheating Problems