Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

So you wanna Autocross, or learn to drive better?

Old 12-09-2008, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So you wanna Autocross, or learn to drive better?

Novice Autocrossing School - Jan 10, 2009

FAST (http://www.wedrivefast.com) is holding a Novice Autocrosser's school on the driver training pad at the St Petersburg College Allstate Campus on Jan. 10th! The $60 entry fee includes the world-famous FAST Lunch and more than twice the seat time of a regular autocross! If you've competed in no more than 5 autocrosses, this will be a great opportunity to learn and improve! If you've done more than 5, you won't be eligible for this event.

To provide quality instruction, the class size is limited to 32 students, and preregistration and prepayment will be mandatory. The event will run from 7:30am - 5pm, approximately. The school will consist of three different driving stations, plus a "classroom" session. The student:instructor ratio will be 4:1, or better.

Please note that drivers under age 18 will require a parent or guardian to sign the insurance waiver on-site allowing them to compete. For insurance purposes, everyone must sign the waiver.

Then, on Sat., Jan 17th, FAST is having a regular autocross event at SPC. Students who participated in the school will be eligible for a deeply discounted entry fee of only $15! That's half-price, folks!

Registration for the events will be opening Dec. 10 around 10pm. Keep an eye on the Registration Page. Again, preregistration and prepayment for the school is required.

If you have any particular questions about the event, please email the event organizer, steve@wedrivefast.com

Old 12-09-2008, 09:18 AM

I went last year and learned a whole lot. I may go again this year. It is a great way to start out the year and get you back in the groove.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speedworksracing,Dec 9 2008, 10:18 AM
I went last year and learned a whole lot. I may go again this year. It is a great way to start out the year and get you back in the groove.
It's going to be a basic class and i think you have done more then 5 autocross events. They are going to have an advanced school later on
Old 12-09-2008, 09:45 AM

Yes, but is it 5 FAST autocrosses or 5 all together? How would they know if you've done more than 5 at say, SOLO or S.C.C.A?

I may ask this for my Christmas present. I haven't done more than 5, I don't think and I'm DEFINITELY a novice and could use the help, especially with being absent with maternity leave.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:54 AM

I think they want 5 all-together... this really is a novice school for novice drivers... i'd feel bad about taking a spot away from someone who may be a novice and really need/want this instruction.

Sin, this would be a great course for you to take.... i'm thinking about buying a spot for Heather as well since she is wanting to start doing some driving
Old 12-09-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ComposiMo,Dec 9 2008, 10:54 AM
I think they want 5 all-together... this really is a novice school for novice drivers... i'd feel bad about taking a spot away from someone who may be a novice and really need/want this instruction.

Sin, this would be a great course for you to take.... i'm thinking about buying a spot for Heather as well since she is wanting to start doing some driving
I'm one of the chair people of the event that set up the rules. Not to be a dick but it's for novices. Trust me it's going to be very basic and Speedy would not get much out of it. In fact he is as good as a driver as most of the instructors. It's limited to 32 people so if it doesnt fill up then they will take people with more experience. I myself wanted to enroll in the school and i have done 8 events and was told there is no point. There will be an advanced school at a later date
Old 12-09-2008, 11:01 AM

Those that can, drive. Those that can't drive, instruct autoX schools!

I tell the students: "Do as I say, not as I do!"
Old 12-09-2008, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by ComposiMo,Dec 9 2008, 02:54 PM
this really is a novice school for novice drivers... i'd feel bad about taking a spot away from someone who may be a novice and really need/want this instruction.
where do i sign?

Old 12-09-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what if it has been more than a year since completing 5 autocrosses?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:26 PM

I am volunteering to do course work for this event! As one of last year's deciple's, this is highly recommended for newbies!

Quick Reply: So you wanna Autocross, or learn to drive better?