Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

So, as it turns out my wife is working for......

Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub-Zero,Aug 7 2009, 01:35 PM
If you are truely concerned about the situation then I would ask her to start looking for a new job and stick it out until then. She knows about them now and can be on guard.
I agree...it seems it might be best to start looking elsewhere.

What intrigues me is how they would allow an "outsider" to actually work for them? Unless of course their plans are to convert her to their beliefs.

I also agree about the sueing possibility. It would probably do more harm than good. Not only are they rich (they own most of downtown clearwater dont they?) but then theres the harassment you'd probably have to deal with in addition like you said.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:19 AM

It is weird that not all of them try and recruit. I went into one of their churches and I had to work to get any information on scientology. They didn't even offer me a personality test.

I didn't know anything about them so I was looking for information about their beliefs.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unbelievably, the South Park episode on Scientology is pretty damn accurate. And really really funny.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103804/
Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 PM

religion FTL - God FTW
Old 08-08-2009, 03:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I taught Scuba, we had a scientologist family come in. The kids were dumber than a box of rocks. None of them could pass the academic portion of the class. After several weeks of tutoring we still couldn't get them to pass so I informed the father that we were going to drop the children from the class. He became beligerant, threatening me and my staff and stating that we were the one with the problem and that his kids were geniuses. We were very happy just to see them go away. Nothing but excuses....it is always someone elses problem.

I grew up in Clearwater and remember very well the church of scientology coming in under a false name and buying the Fort Harrison Hotel and the Bank of Clearewater building. Our friend Was mayor at the time and he criticized the group, He ended up being harrased, libeled and slandered. He filled suit against the church and after over 10 years was finally awarded an undisclosed judgement. Scientology made his life a living hell.

It is true, scientology owns most of downtown Clearwater.

I think it is time to start looking for a new job. IMHO
Old 08-08-2009, 05:17 AM

L Ron Hubbard was a poor science fiction writer but he was smart in getting his CULT labled as a Church so people could write off the donations.

Part of scientology states that after you have been cleared your brain works better than a computer not making mistakes.

If that is true what did he write Battlefield Earth and why did John Travolta act in it.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:55 AM

Oh my lord, that movie was an abortion...

But Travolta starred in it for obvious reasons lol
Old 08-08-2009, 06:42 AM

Going to one of her co-workers house today for a cookout. This woman has been banned from teh seminars for asking too many questions, and has since been demoted and treated really bad at work. She's gonna give us the lowdown on whats happening.....

I'll post a follow up later.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, let us know the skinny on the lowdown...
Old 08-08-2009, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by SortaRican,Aug 8 2009, 09:42 AM
Going to one of her co-workers house today for a cookout. This woman has been banned from teh seminars for asking too many questions, and has since been demoted and treated really bad at work. She's gonna give us the lowdown on whats happening.....

I'll post a follow up later.
Yea! Let us know.

Quick Reply: So, as it turns out my wife is working for......