Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by quaesta
[B]

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?
Old 07-18-2002, 09:05 AM
Banned

Well, first of all, it had nothing to do with my driving skills. Instead of jumping to conclusions you ass, maybe you would have been able to find out that it was because it was raining, I hydroplaned doing less than 40 mph. I also think that my bad tranny had something to do with it. Its at the shop now trying to see what went wrong. Luckily the only damage was to the driver's side wheel and suspension when I hit the curb. There was no body damage till they pulled it off the curb and the wheel crumpled the fender. Hopefully it can be hammered out. And yeah, I am ok, there was no one else on the street and I didn't hit anyone.

And Chris, don't be so bitter just cause I wouldn't sleep with you.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:17 AM
SinD

Originally posted by quaesta
We know what you are hungry for at Pizza Time...
Ahmm Food? Luongo? (haha yeah right) I dunno.. what else could it be?

Old 07-18-2002, 09:22 AM

Driving skills, or lack there of?

Seriously though. I don't see how a transmission would cause you car to hydroplane. A differential problem could cause this but not a transmission, as the differential (ours is LSD) is what could cause one wheel to put more power down than the other.

My guess, without any direct knowledge is that it was worn S02s, which get very dicey in the rain. What condition were yours in? Miles?

Regardless, lets keep the discussion PG folks. Save the sex talk for private.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:32 AM

hopefully this time my post will go through......

thanks pizza man, you beat me to the post... i was in McDonalds chillin drinkin a milkshake and i saw this go down. What a mess. I would definatly blame honda on this one guys, i mean i donno how good or bad of a driver the chick is, but i know there was no reason for her back wheels to lock up when there was no traffic around. I saw smoke and it almost looked like an e-brake turn but when i realized the car was not moving all that fast i thought otherwise. The 2 360's after that really helped me decide it wasnt a e-brake turn..... then the horror !!!! BAMN !!!!! curb.... the front wheels were rotating the whole time... not sure what happened... is there a history with these of the rear ends locking up at all ?

98 Civic Si with 100 shot and Carbon Fiber hood
Old 07-18-2002, 09:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BrownEydTrouble
[B]Well, first of all, it had nothing to do with my driving skills. Instead of jumping to conclusions you ass, maybe you would have been able to find out that it was because it was raining, I hydroplaned doing less than 40 mph. I also think that my bad tranny had something to do with it. Its at the shop now trying to see what went wrong. Luckily the only damage was to the driver's side wheel and suspension when I hit the curb. There was no body damage till they pulled it off the curb and the wheel crumpled the fender. Hopefully it can be hammered out. And yeah, I am ok, there was no one else on the street and I didn't hit anyone.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:53 AM

I really hate to see a thread take a turn like this. Somebody has a problem and someone else jumps to a conclusion... Then it turns in to a urination match.

I hope that someone will be man enough to admit he should have held on to his opinion until the facts are sorted out.

BTW plenty of people crash their cars in the rain... Good drivers included.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:58 AM
Banned

Wow, Chris, your analytical skills are impressive. I just hope that you don't jump to conclusions when defending any of your clients. I would really hate to be in their shoes.

First of all, if it was truly my "driving skills" that caused my tranny to go bad, then logically my clutch would be fried, correct? Well, its not. Its intact, with just normal wear and tear. Second of all, I was aware that my tires were somewhat bald, but unlike you who has plenty of money to throw around, I couldn't afford to get new tires just yet. And if you had two brain cells to rub together, you would realize that from my description of the accident, its not really that common to spin out doing only 35 mph, which leaves the discusion open to tranny failure. I had my car checked out and it was the opinion of the Service Manager at Rick Case that my transmission was failing because of poor workmaship or defective parts, not bad driving skills. Otherwise, it would not be covered under warranty.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:04 AM

wow you people are getting borderline violent. all i have to say is two 360's is a lot for under 40. especially with a S2k.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:10 AM
SinD

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Solless
[B]wow

Quick Reply: sighting: wrecked S2000...