Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Shot in the dark.... need a motor.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shot in the dark.... need a motor.

Well file this under "it never hurts to ask..."

As some here know, my car has been dead for a few months now. Ever since i swapped in a problematic 2.2L motor, my car has had problems, and its all because of this stupid motor i swapped in.

I really want my baby back!

Unfortunately, i have been trying to focus my efforts on starting a new business, and because of that, i've taken the stance that the business is more important than the car, and thus i have put all of my money into the business.

SO... I'm looking for a CHEAP motor, or a nicely discounted price on a motor... if you or someone you know has a good shortblock or full longblock laying around, and would be interested in helping me out, i would GREATLY appreciate it!!!

I do have a little bit of $$, but what i would prefer is to barter/trade somehow... I can do any sort of fabrication you need from turbo manifolds to custom parts like strut bars, etc... I can TIG weld aluminum, stainless, etc...

I can do any mechanical work that you may need done to your car...

Also, i do Metal Coatings... Powder Coating, Ceramic Coating, Engine Internal coatings, PTFE coatings, and Porcelain Enamel Coating....

I would be willing to barter for a motor with my labor, skills, and services...

Let me know what you need I simply need a good bottom end, that doesn't need a rebuild.

I am at my last resort, i simply cannot afford to buy a whole motor, or even a used motor at 'normal' prices

Help?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:28 PM

Good for you to put your money in your business. Bad for you to look around cheapness for the S2k
Old 08-23-2010, 06:15 PM

Well its not like i'm looking for a chinese copy of an s2k motor or anything... lol!

I'm not looking for "cheap", i guess "inexpensive" is a better word... surely someone out there has a motor chilling out on the corner of their garage somewhere that they may like to see go to a good loving home
Old 08-23-2010, 06:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry to hear, good luck in your search
Old 08-24-2010, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you are still suffering from the bearing misshap? I remember a picture of you in that Ruckus with the engine going to the machine shop!

This guy is selling a high mileage AP1 engine, maybe he wants to help and would cut you a deal:

For sale in Georgia

I will donate $100 towards the cause, just dont go selling the car a month after you put it together! ...

c'mon S2k people, lets help this guy get the car running.

J
Old 08-24-2010, 10:41 AM

Ya man, that motor was cursed from the get-go... i never should have put it in. No mater what i did, or how accurate the build was, the crank simply couldn't deal with being fixed, and refixed...

I REALLY appreciate the offer for the $ man, but i'd rather not accept any $$ towards a motor to be quite honest... i'd rather work for it or something with a barter/trade or something, or if someone knows someone with a motor that is willing to accept payments or something that'd be sweet. Like i said, i do have a little bit of $, i just need to figure out to make up the difference.

I just know that sometimes people/shops have things like this laying around, and like i said in the beginning, it never hurts to ask everyone if they know where an inexpensive motor is.

I talked to that guy in Georgia by the way... he gave me a price on the motor, and is also interested in having me put in a cage in exchange for it, but the logistics of him getting a car down here that is just the chassis for the cage to be installed may not make it feasible. And the price he gave me wasn't BAD, i just don't have that much.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 AM

John:

Have you checked with LHT or S&R here in Tampa Bay? Ben is working a couple of projects for me and he is using an engine that is sitting at S&R. I don't know the condition but might be a shot...

J
Old 08-25-2010, 05:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shane said he saw a wrecked S2000 at LKQ in Crystal River (formerly 'Damrons') Might be worth a call to see what they have
Old 08-27-2010, 07:02 AM

Dang busy week

Elroy: I haven't contected the shops directly, as i figured i'd have better luck contacting an individual who could actually use my services, rather than a shop that can do everything themselves anyway.

Scott: LKQ is notorious for great condition motors... wouldn't be the first motor i've bought from them in my lifetime... however they are also notorious for charging over-appropriately, and are not willing to budge on the price. LKQ FT Myers has a 2.2 with only 26k for $3075, and LKQ CR has two 2.0L both with over 100k for $2475 & $2750... All three well out of my current budget But if i was spending that much i'd feel bad about buying something with over 100k on it. I'd save up a bit more and shoot for the 26k 2.2L
Old 08-27-2010, 06:39 PM

Sorry I didn't get back to ya John. I had asked my buddy at LKQ and he said exactly what you said good luck finding a motor.

Quick Reply: Shot in the dark.... need a motor.