Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Rick's clear side markers

Old 03-06-2008, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick's clear side markers

What's up all,

Trying to figure out who else is having leaking (condensation) issues with the "clear side markers" purchased from http://www.ricks2k.com.

I emailed Rick a week ago after seeing that my clear side markers were fogging up with condensation on inside of the lense. Jeff then sent me a replacement set and after about a week I noticed that the replacements were fogging up with condensation as well .

It seems that the sonic welds used to hold the lense in place is the cause of the failures.

I can literally seal my mouth around the bulb opening, blow and hear the air escaping around the lense.

Ricks2k claim that they only have experienced a 1% - 2% failure of total shipped side markers. I have a hard time believing that based on my personal experience.

Folks, please chime in if you have had your "clear side markers" leak as well. I'm attempting to gauge the degree of failures experienced.

Thanks for reading...
Old 03-06-2008, 03:12 PM

3rd times the charm? or operator error? time will tell
Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think my brothers 2006 has Ricks clear markers . I bought mine from the dealership courtesy of the CR
Old 03-06-2008, 05:41 PM

The Ricks side markers leak. The Honda clears won't. I had Ricks too. I had to put my amber ones back on.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:28 PM

Thanks jesusphish, hopefully more people will come forth and disprove this 1-2% failure rate that Ricks2k claims.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have had various Rick's products for years and years including side markers, the original "S 2000" badges, leather center cover, shift knob, etc. with ZERO issues ever. I'm sure they'll take care of you. They're top notch.

Shay
Old 03-07-2008, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Polimangas,Mar 6 2008, 02:06 PM
What's up all,

Trying to figure out who else is having leaking (condensation) issues with the "clear side markers" purchased from http://www.ricks2k.com.

I emailed Rick a week ago after seeing that my clear side markers were fogging up with condensation on inside of the lense. Jeff then sent me a replacement set and after about a week I noticed that the replacements were fogging up with condensation as well .

It seems that the sonic welds used to hold the lense in place is the cause of the failures.

I can literally seal my mouth around the bulb opening, blow and hear the air escaping around the lense.

Ricks2k claim that they only have experienced a 1% - 2% failure of total shipped side markers. I have a hard time believing that based on my personal experience.

Folks, please chime in if you have had your "clear side markers" leak as well. I'm attempting to gauge the degree of failures experienced.

Thanks for reading...
Have ya tried to get resolution with Ricks2k yet ?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:39 PM

If they take cae of it I would not care aout the percentage of issues . VW used to have problems with 87 out of every 100 Passats sold . It did not keep me from leasing mine though . Mine only saw service once , for an oil change nothin more .
Old 03-07-2008, 04:31 PM

Have ya tried to get resolution with Ricks2k yet ?
Yes... but let me first say that this is by no means a thread to bash Ricks2k. Rick is a stand up guy and runs a stand up operation.

I was sent a complete replacement set a few weeks back after first notifying Rick of my issue... The left side leaked almost immediately (a week later), the right side followed shortly thereafter. I then emailed Rick again explaining my leaky problem. He again sent a replacement for my left side, which has leaked as well.

I simply emailed Rick asking that he not send out any more replacements. Since I had problems with every one received.

This thread is simply to find out for my own - if anyone else has had issues with the Ricks clear side markers, I simply don't believe Jeff's statement that only 1-2% failed of all shipped...nothing more nothing less.

So please, let's keep the posts for individuals who have had issues with the Ricks clear side markers.

Thanks...
Old 03-07-2008, 06:26 PM

do like I did and get the CR ones at the dealership .

Quick Reply: Rick's clear side markers