Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Problem with S&R

Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another classic thread.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i enjoyed this thread, it lead me off to searches on tire wear.. made me look at my own, glad to say with over 50,000 miles my cheap fuzions may not corner great but they wear awesome.. and even..

safe trip Red...

i have read this thread and would take my car to S&R.. being a member an having even if only met and talked with people of S&R.. through time i've heard good.. so in my 2 cents this thread hasn't effected my feelings about anyone.. i never read Red's original as threatening.. only as a her being surprised.. sounded like she was going to address it and just was sharing her surprise...
Old 11-22-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PrimoGen,Nov 22 2009, 10:10 PM
I vote to lock this thread and let the parties sort out whatever needs to be sorted out.
Sorry Rob but NO. We need no more TunerWerks camouflage.

I am a concerned customer of S&R's and WANT the end of this drama. As you said there are many variables to this and "I" am maintaining an open mind and hope that there is explanation that S&R and Viv didn't drop the ball. Take pause and let things work themselves out AND LISTEN TO "PAPPA BARRE"! (Sorry Barry - watched Armageddon, can't get that fricken phrase out of my head).

Originally Posted by Indyana,Nov 22 2009, 05:44 PM
These threads always trouble me regardless of the shop or the car owner involved. While I understand the OP's frustration this is an open or unresolved issue. I understand she is looking for advice but contacting S&R seems rather obvious to me.

No one here knows what happened or who saw what when yet we act as judge and jury against both parties.

The OP should contact the shop to discuss the issue to give them a chance to resolve the problem. Once this is done, report away. As S owners we all want and deserve to know if a vendor in the community is providing good or bad service however (in my opinion) the report should be based on the entire story from start to finish. We all know there are always two sides to every story.

Glad you caught this before the tire blew out on the interstate, that could have been a very dangerous situation.

Good Luck with getting this resolved.
J
Old 11-22-2009, 06:06 PM

Welcome to the S&R Alignment club. Mine cost me over $1K
Old 11-22-2009, 06:09 PM

^^^ valid points

The customer coming out point blank and discussing a problem because they are mad is legal. no question there

what threads like this do though (when the issue has not been addressed to or responded by the offending party) is remove any recourse the offender has to make things "truly" right.

All the people on this board will ever know is that Viviana had a problem and pointed the proverbial finger at S&R, regardless of if they were at fault or not.

they will never be able to clean that totally away no matter what they do.

What she did does not make her the bad guy, don't get me wrong. There is simply a better way to have gone about it... perhaps another way of handling it would have been more fruitful for her and she definately would have had more leverage. her cards are now completely on the table.....

The fairness of it all is deficient....LOL

points well made Joe

Old 11-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Orlando FL to Charleston NC is 400ish miles.

How much wear could have happened... Especially on properly aligned tires (that is *if* they were able to get it back in alignment)?

:headscratch:

-M
Old 11-22-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I do see Primogens point but agree this shouldnt be locked. I am surprised that nobody from S&R has chimed in though. You would think by now with how people talk they would know there is a negative thread being posted. Hopefully it will be worked out for both parties. I will say when i got my fenders rolled there they guy dented one rolling it. He told me he was sorry but honestly i could have rolled it myself if i knew that would happen. I didnt come on here bitching about it because thats a risk you take. I try and do most of my work myself so i know its right. Shops make mistakes some more then others but everyone is human.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:06 PM

I am surprised S&R has not chimed in as well. Though with threads like this in the past, the shop in question talked with the customer and not aired the laundry on the boards.

I had an issue with S&R a while back and went direct with them first. I posted months later on "my feelings" in a thread later on how it went.

I had my car aligned at their shop with an agressive alignment and still have the alignment right now with no issues. Though like many have said you have to check your car to make sure everything is in good operating order. At least once a week I check things over since these cars vibrate themselves loose.

Hopefully a peacful solution presents itself and both sides work this out with each being satisfied.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The original post seems more of a 'what should I do' request and less to do with pointing a finger. The initial conclusion is one a majority of us would make considering the circumstances and condition of the tires.

Viv: definitely call S&R and speak with them about what happened. Ask them for the alignment data sheet. Also, get the car aligned again (by any good alignment shop) and ask for a before and after summary.

For the record ... this kind of tire-wear CAN happen within just 100 miles if the alignment is inaccurate (or other contributing factors.)
Old 11-23-2009, 06:10 AM

^^ agreed

I may have come off a little too acusatory toward her and defensive toward S&R. I want to make it perfectly clear that Viv did not do anything wrong with the post, just that the timeline of what she did may have broken down some communication channels and caused some damage that could have been avoided...

I hope the issue get found and resolved

Quick Reply: Problem with S&R