Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Problem with S&R

Old 11-22-2009, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KPUDDYDAD,Nov 22 2009, 10:07 AM
I think that before posting, the right thing to do would be talk with S&R first.

The tires look to have extreme wear and should have been caught by you at the time of your alignment and most definitely in your pre trip inspection of your car before you left on your trip.

This wear could have been caused by many things but, I am sure it was not done in malice by S&R.
These guys see all types of cars and there owners and at the time of your alignment may have assumed you new of the wear. Some owners are extremely anal about their cars and let the tech know right up front to inform them of anything that maybe out of sorts.
The tech may have not got that information or vibe from you at the time of your service.

These 2 statements say to me that you poorly inspected your car even with warning from others and, drove the car with knowledge of an issue with the tires.

S&R may have got the impression you were aware of the issue already and had made only passing mention of it to you.
You may have missed the FYI since you had missed all other causations and warnings you were given by your car and other motorists.

I am not trying to call you out on this, nor am I any sort of S&R booster/advocate. I just took the time to read your post and found you, “the car owner” to be the most responsible person to have dropped the ball in this situation.
I have no problem admitting that i didnt check the tires, from that outside they look fine, and yeah i didnt get down and check the inside, im not at all saying its s&r's fault that my tires are bad, im just saying im not sure why they didnt bring it up. and yes i knew something was wrong with the tire, thus me going to s&r to try and fix the problem..and when i was in sc was the first time another motorists had given me any indication of something being wrong other than myself thinking i just needed to rotate them. i know it was my fault the tires were like that. im not blaming s&r for that at all! i just feel like they should have said something instead of nothing.
also john, i never got a printout when it was done
Old 11-22-2009, 07:10 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm not getting this....how is it now something for S&R to resolve When the Op left the shop his car had a shake to it, this he stated in his post.
At the time of this “shake issue” he should have turned the car right around and took it back to S&R.
At THAT TIME for S&R to address the issue.

The Op took the knowledge of the problem with him back home and on his trip and failed to let S&R reasonably take care of it at it’s inception.
Now we have 2 tires trashed and a reputation of a shop having a black mark placed on them because, the person ultimately responsible for this going this far failed to do anything about it.

It seems like fewer people take personal responsibility for them self’s or their own actions.

This Op is not bashing S&R he is asking what he should do…He is looking for advice in his situation….My advice would be to the Op....

Be more proactive in the maintenance of your car, ask questions of the tech working on your car, do a better job of pre trip inspections so all of us on the road are more safe.
If you have an issue with your car after you pick it up from a shop, take it right back so that it can be fixed before, it causes damage or worse, yours or someone else’s life.

Thank you for sharing with us
To all others, please read the Ops post again you may get the true understanding of it.
I do not think he meant to place blame with the shop but, to share a bad situation made worse by the lack of understanding on what to do.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmm true understanding is...

OP had a car problem... asked car people to fix it and wow.. something got missed.. don't think anyone thinks total tire problem had anything to do with after.. more of a how'd it slip through.. owners.. we do what we can an we don't what we didn't... car people.. live eat an breath the stuff.. so the how question i see.. is serious.. not bashing..

like i said in my first post.. asking is the best...
Old 11-22-2009, 07:58 AM

too many variables and distance travelled on those tires to make rash judgement calls.

I agree with Ben on getting in touch with S&R ASAP. I am not sure what they can at this point but you never know.

Sorry for this development Viv......( Ben, its a lady not a dude at the center of all this LOL)

I would bet that they did not see too much wear or tear on the tires at the time or they would have called it out...they are good about that. I would find it hard to believe that any shop would give up clock hours on any car especially if it was a legit issue.

an alignment could have worsened something else wrong with your suspension/wheel housing system...impossible to tell from here. That wear could have easily happened between Tampa/orlando and South Carolina

you are a bit too far away for direct help from bobby. At worse, he and Diego could give you sound advice about what to do from here....

Lesson learned: listen to your car....shakes and odd noises are never good signs....take if from someone who knows. Get stuff like that checked ASAP. A diagnostic check is always cheaper than a repair of yourself or the car

the important thing is are ok and the car is in one piece.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by S2KPUDDYDAD,Nov 22 2009, 08:10 AM
I'm not getting this....how is it now something for S&R to resolve When the Op left the shop his car had a shake to it, this he stated in his post.
At the time of this “shake issue” he should have turned the car right around and took it back to S&R.
At THAT TIME for S&R to address the issue.

The Op took the knowledge of the problem with him back home and on his trip and failed to let S&R reasonably take care of it at it’s inception.
Now we have 2 tires trashed and a reputation of a shop having a black mark placed on them because, the person ultimately responsible for this going this far failed to do anything about it.

It seems like fewer people take personal responsibility for them self’s or their own actions.

This Op is not bashing S&R he is asking what he should do…He is looking for advice in his situation….My advice would be to the Op....

Be more proactive in the maintenance of your car, ask questions of the tech working on your car, do a better job of pre trip inspections so all of us on the road are more safe.
If you have an issue with your car after you pick it up from a shop, take it right back so that it can be fixed before, it causes damage or worse, yours or someone else’s life.

Thank you for sharing with us
To all others, please read the Ops post again you may get the true understanding of it.
I do not think he meant to place blame with the shop but, to share a bad situation made worse by the lack of understanding on what to do.
I highly disagree with this poist. It is S&R's responsiblity, as a professional shop, to inform the consumer about any noticable issues. I doubt they DIDN'T see it. I am sure someone saw it, and either A) forgot; or B) was too lazy to meantion anything. Either way, S&R should have said something. What if a consumer came in and had NO idea about cars? That's what S&R is there for, to work on the car, and inform the consumer. If I am not mistaken, every time I have had my car worked on with semi-bald tires...I have to sign a waiver to leave the shop. This way they arent held accountable for not telling you the condition of the tires. This isnt S&R's fault, by far. It is S&R's fault that he wasn't aware of it.

Given Points:

1) He should have been more aware of his tires.

2) S&R should pay more attention to the shit they are working on. This is horrible. We pay them do to do the work, they should be more observant.

The End.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:48 AM

J
Old 11-22-2009, 10:39 AM

her tires could have been in near perfect shape while at the shop...we dont know. she drove to South Carolina before she saw the condition of the tires.

like i said there are too many variables and John's (compoimo) wishes are the only ones that would shed any light on the subject.

if there was major wear, I am almost positive S&R would have done/said something...like I said as well, shops are not in the habit of letting clock hours or people's safety just walk out the door.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it is understandable that if there had been noticable tire wear it would have been noticed an addressed... the girl who does my alignment has to get under there on a lift thingy and crank o nuts an stuf... one would imagine someone should notice something... but then again... maybe they didn't... makes for a great mystery..
Old 11-22-2009, 12:41 PM

Damn Viv, I am sorry to hear about this. S&R is a good shop. I have been over there once and they seem to be on the Up and Up.

Seems to me that the tech who did the alignment might have either
A. Not payed attention to the tires
or
B. Not said anything about the bad tires.

Either way that is not a good thing to do but I am sure it is an honest mistake. Whe are all human and make them. I am just glad you are okay and didnt get into an accident. You should have run it by to me before you left so I could look over the car for you.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:44 PM

These threads always trouble me regardless of the shop or the car owner involved. While I understand the OP's frustration this is an open or unresolved issue. I understand she is looking for advice but contacting S&R seems rather obvious to me.

No one here knows what happened or who saw what when yet we act as judge and jury against both parties.

The OP should contact the shop to discuss the issue to give them a chance to resolve the problem. Once this is done, report away. As S owners we all want and deserve to know if a vendor in the community is providing good or bad service however (in my opinion) the report should be based on the entire story from start to finish. We all know there are always two sides to every story.

Glad you caught this before the tire blew out on the interstate, that could have been a very dangerous situation.

Good Luck with getting this resolved.

Quick Reply: Problem with S&R