Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Problem with S&R

Old 11-21-2009, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with S&R

So this past tuesday i drove to Tampa for some non car related business and i really needed to get an alignment done since i was going to be driving to NY that thursday. Well i had hear good things about S&R so i decided to go there to get my alignment. While i was there, they knew i was from out of town (orlando) and did my alignment. No problem. I drove back to Orlando and still had some shaking but i thought maybe i just needed to get my rear tires balanced. the next day i started my drive up to NY. While in South Carolina i had a guy tell me something was wrong with my rear tires and that they looked like they were going flat so i pulled over and checked the air. Nothing. okay, so i decided to pull over at the next city and just get them balanced. well..this is what i found:

Im a little upset that they didnt even bother to mention this. i feel like this is a pretty big deal and im upset about it. im not sure what i should do? should i call them? im kinda shocked they even did the alignment. and on top of that now i have to get one redone since it pulls hard to one side since i put the new tires on.
suggestions?
Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is rather surprising...

i find the best thing to do is ask.. and why might be a good place to begin...

cause what your pics show doesn't make sense...
Old 11-22-2009, 03:29 AM

Wow, hard to beleive they wouldn't have said anything. very odd.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:33 AM

sux that happened, i hope u get it all sorted out.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:57 AM

Any reputable service provider would check your tires before doing an alignment!! Obviously that damage took a while, so it had to be present when they worked on it.... or did they? maybe they just told you they worked on it!!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:07 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I think that before posting, the right thing to do would be talk with S&R first.

The tires look to have extreme wear and should have been caught by you at the time of your alignment and most definitely in your pre trip inspection of your car before you left on your trip.

This wear could have been caused by many things but, I am sure it was not done in malice by S&R.
These guys see all types of cars and there owners and at the time of your alignment may have assumed you new of the wear. Some owners are extremely anal about their cars and let the tech know right up front to inform them of anything that maybe out of sorts.
The tech may have not got that information or vibe from you at the time of your service.

I drove back to Orlando and still had some shaking but i thought maybe i just needed to get my rear tires balanced.

While in South Carolina i had a guy tell me something was wrong with my rear tires and that they looked like they were going flat so i pulled over and checked the air.
Nothing. okay, so i decided to pull over at the next city….

These 2 statements say to me that you poorly inspected your car even with warning from others and, drove the car with knowledge of an issue with the tires.

S&R may have got the impression you were aware of the issue already and had made only passing mention of it to you.
You may have missed the FYI since you had missed all other causations and warnings you were given by your car and other motorists.

I am not trying to call you out on this, nor am I any sort of S&R booster/advocate. I just took the time to read your post and found you, “the car owner” to be the most responsible person to have dropped the ball in this situation.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:40 AM

It would be interesting to see what the current alignment specs are compared to what they were on the printout after it left s&r.. Also, what the alignment specs were before s&r touched it... That would tell you easily if the damage was pre or post s&r...
Old 11-22-2009, 06:18 AM

I don't know who's at fault, and the important thing is that a potentially disasterous situation didn't occur.

But irrespective, Puddydad's post highlights the importance of regular inspections. I bet a lot of drivers get lulled into a sense of complacency when it comes to regular inspections of vehicles because cars are so generally reliable and trouble free these days.

Good reminder Puddydad about keeping up with regualr vehicle inspections...
Old 11-22-2009, 06:27 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

This is an unfortunate situation for both the customer and place of business. The first thing that we must realize is that no matter how good the repair shop is, there is a possibility they may have been at fault and some of the fault may have been yours. The more we learn about this situation and its' outcome will shape our opinion of this place of business.

Three years ago, one of the area's highly respected performance shops, First Class Automotive, damaged my newly special ordered, mercury silver Volk ce-28.

Two weeks ago, I purchased a 1 owner, 1997 Civic from Kuhn Honda. I was told that it had no leaks. When I came back to Orlando, it was leaking oil.

Both First Class Automotive and Kuhn Honda rectified the problem so that I was 100% satisified. It is customer service like this that puts them a step above everyone else.

I tend to shoot first and ask questions later. I, like you Rainy, would have also brought this problem to the S2KI Forum. I think that it can only benefit us, as a group, an awareness when it comes to anything about our cars.

I have never dealt with S&R Performance, but from what I've read, they too are a first class operation. I believe that they will mediate or resolve this situation to the best of their ability to your satisfaction.

Good Luck,
Thraak
Old 11-22-2009, 06:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as an outside view.. and respect towards all.. i can only imagine the tires had to be in some unseeable position.. don't know how.. but.. could happen.. and i feel Red's just, let's call as as anyone would be... i imagine S&R's face...

easy maybe to concept.. hard to imagine but never the less.. an it isn't april fools yet...

ya know.. on a note.. many of us do an don't alot on our cars.. alot of us have or don't have time tools or knowledge.. some are masters and others are just not doing it... it's good to have a place to share...

Quick Reply: Problem with S&R