Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Precision Turbo Company Going Down The Drain

Old 12-06-2010, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Have gt3076r ball bearing never had any problems built in restricter, garret for the win , I seen your set up you should just get a gt35r and youll be happy
Old 12-06-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by s2kdan05ems,Dec 6 2010, 06:50 AM
I Have gt3076r ball bearing never had any problems built in restricter, garret for the win , I seen your set up you should just get a gt35r and youll be happy
Thats exacly what i had in mind, going with a gt35r ball bearing turbo from garett. or dual ball bearing ? am not sure yet what i want to go with next. But i sure know one thing. NO PRECISION!!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 AM

FYI.. 90% of Precision's turbos use Garret center sections. Look at the stamp. They just recently started casting their own housings and Im pretty sure thats BB only. Post a pic of your drain.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Metcalfe,Dec 6 2010, 07:36 AM
FYI.. 90% of Precision's turbos use Garret center sections. Look at the stamp. They just recently started casting their own housings and Im pretty sure thats BB only. Post a pic of your drain.
i took pics of my drain this morning will post pic later tonite. wish i can look at the stamp right now but precision has my turbo at this very moment., the suppose to ship it back to me NON-FIXED unless i paid them $900.00. for that amount and another $200 bucks i can get me a new one.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:43 AM

Then i guess my turbo was on the other 10%. i believe that when i sent my turbo for the first time they didnt balanced the shaft the right way. A shaft that is not balanced correctly going at very high RMP shaft will vibrate and eventually will come lose. This is my main problem with this turbo
Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 PM

Here are the pics of my drain line.

as you can see the line is thick enough and it goes straight down to my oil pan. It is not caught or bent anywhere neither goes down then up to the oil pan.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 PM

Precision has been garbage. I agree with you there customer service, warranty, and just getting ahold of them can be issues.

I am on my last turbo from them. I had a 35R shit the bed last year, the cause, oil starvation becasue of the oil restrictor they included with the dam turbo.

I don't recommend them at all for business.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Raven628,Dec 7 2010, 12:36 AM
Precision has been garbage. I agree with you there customer service, warranty, and just getting ahold of them can be issues.

I am on my last turbo from them. I had a 35R shit the bed last year, the cause, oil starvation becasue of the oil restrictor they included with the dam turbo.

I don't recommend them at all for business.
Another customer to the list. I have found so many people with the same problem and all they do is give bullshit excuses. They cannot find another better excuse than oil starvation. I still dont understand what does oil starvation has to do with the shaft coming lose. If you have oil starvation on the turbo then you would have a blown turbo, but i dont have a blown turbo, shaft keeps coming lose.

What turbo did you go with now ? Have you had any problems with the turbo you are running now. LMK thanks
Old 12-07-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by #1turbos2k,Dec 7 2010, 12:04 PM
Another customer to the list. I have found so many people with the same problem and all they do is give bullshit excuses. They cannot find another better excuse than oil starvation. I still dont understand what does oil starvation has to do with the shaft coming lose. If you have oil starvation on the turbo then you would have a blown turbo, but i dont have a blown turbo, shaft keeps coming lose.

What turbo did you go with now ? Have you had any problems with the turbo you are running now. LMK thanks
6262 oil journal.

Funny thing I am running 60 kpa of oil pressure, about 80 pounds. I don't think oil pressure is a problem.

Only reason I went with it was money was tight, and the shop owner sold it to me at his cost from precision.

As of now, the new turbo has been fine. I just do weekly to bi-weekly checks on everything unde the hood. At first when everything was installed, a few bolts here and there had backed out. Now, everything stays tight. The S2K seems to vibrate things loose on occasion.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:15 PM

Anymore suggestions ? what do you think about my drain line Metcalfe ? You wanted pics, here they are. Does the line look thick enough ? What do you think ?

Quick Reply: Precision Turbo Company Going Down The Drain