Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Pitbull pups for sale

Old 08-01-2006 | 08:37 AM

clostoyo ,
I was in no way calling you a thug - I hope you didn't take it that way. I am defending the breed because I think they are great dogs and am only using "Thug" as a general term to describe a bad owner!
and yes, I have met some aggresive dalmations!
Old 08-01-2006 | 08:50 AM

no hard feelings ztec, thanks for your opinion
Old 08-01-2006 | 09:38 AM

"It's just like they say guns dont kill people, stupid people with guns kill people."

Great analogy.

I think it's sad that we post negative comments about the "items" being sold on a FS thread. If I were selling and Invidia exhaust I wouldn't want someone posting that it's so terribly loud and a horrible exhaust system and that all Invidias should be banned from production. Feedback is good, but posting up like that isn't cool. We should support our fellow s2k members, huh?

...again, just my 2 cents.
Old 08-01-2006 | 09:41 AM

agreed...if i didnt already have a dog i would definately consider one of the pits...my place just isnt big enough for 2 dogs...
Old 08-01-2006 | 09:58 AM

Doesn't anyone watch the Dog Whisperer around here?? :-)

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co.../dogwhisperer/

This guy has a pack of 50 dogs that he keeps at his training center, uncaged and peaceful. He has Rott's, Pit's, German Shep's, etc. Male and Female and they all get along well...

eric
Old 08-01-2006 | 10:05 AM

Did anyone see that episode of Southpark with Cesar training cartman? That was hilarious
Good luck on finding a home for your pups - I wish I didn't have three dogs or I would take one!
Old 08-01-2006 | 12:41 PM

Pembroke Corgi Had one for a year until the significant other took it with her when she moved out. Very intelligent dogs (they love puzzles... like cage locks ), have the herding instinct built in (so watch it around stairways), very loveable, Pembrokes have a higher energy level compared to Cardigans (so they need more attention), and when they need to blow off some energy they suddenly jump up and spin around the room a few times. If I was in a house, I'd definitely get another (and a Boxer).

Dave, I'm with ya on the Pits. Training aside, the Pit Bull is an inately aggressive breed. Yes, you can treat and train a PB well and have a wonderful dog for the rest of your/their life, but all it takes is one "incident" to get them riled up, and nature takes over. Once they berserk and get a hold of something, it will take the jaws of life to remove their grip from whatever body part they manage to get a grip on. Everyone has their favorite look to a dag, but you're really rolling the dice with a PB. Add on top of that their hefty weight, and comparing a Pomeranian with an attitude to a PB with a berserker personality is naive, at best.
Old 08-01-2006 | 12:49 PM

did you know that the pitt bull is actually supposed to be a smaller dog and the breed has been grossly mutated to make these hefty rap video dogs?

watch them on the AKC shows...theyre smaller streamlined animals.

and like i said...you can train a pomeranian, welsh corgi, chihuahua, jack russell, daschund (hot dog dog) german shepherd to react the same as a pitt bull.

does anyone other than me know that law enforcement agencies use bloodhounds for a little more than their noses?

i dont know. i think that pitt bulls are such a misrepresented animal. a dog will only do what you teach it/let it do.

my 90 german would eat a baby if i told him to but also wouldnt get within 100 feet of it unless he was given permission...because i know how to work with him.

my 15 pound jack russell would take off the achilles tendon of someone he thought was hurting me and i dont 100% know that i could make him stop once he got it into his head someone was after his momma...no one thinks of him as dangerous but i guarantee you he could be.

i could not chastize my little sister if i let her drive my car and she wrecked it...because she knows nothing about how to drive anything much less a sporty car. but it wouldnt be her fault if i let her do it would it?

lets PLEASE be openminded about things because poeple that are this closeminded about a breed of dog arent going to be the most open minded about other things either.
Old 08-01-2006 | 01:15 PM

Hey MacGyver, thanks for the tips on Corgis! I can't wait to get mine..
Old 08-01-2006 | 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by calaceyfl,Aug 1 2006, 12:38 PM
I think it's sad that we post negative comments about the "items" being sold on a FS thread. If I were selling and Invidia exhaust I wouldn't want someone posting that it's so terribly loud and a horrible exhaust system and that all Invidias should be banned from production. Feedback is good, but posting up like that isn't cool. We should support our fellow s2k members, huh?

...again, just my 2 cents.
Wow, see how you diss the Invida in that back handed way. Why use Invidia as an example.

Quick Reply: Pitbull pups for sale