Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Pitbull pups for sale

Old 07-31-2006 | 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by zdave87,Jul 31 2006, 04:18 PM
Whew.

You want the map to Jax's now or what?

I think I can find Jax's, thanks... I've only been there a few times Dave. i only get lost going to NEW places!!!

And I DO think that dogs who have already attacked should be put down, but that doesn't mean you should destroy an entire breed. But that's just MY 2 cents.
Old 07-31-2006 | 05:38 PM

after speaking with carlos about these puppies I would take them.. unfortunately my house is a little too small to have dogs.. =(

good luck with the sale carlos.. they just need a happy home..
Old 07-31-2006 | 07:53 PM

thanks bzyrice good looking out, as far as other soments above, all i have to say is this, its all aobut how you raise and treat a dog thats going to determine the outcome of his future, out of all dogs the #1 bitting dog breed is german shepard, but they dont get a bad rep. like pits do, and like said above these dogs save lives every day, my dogs are well behave and if my dog or any other dog would bite me or someone i know, i would be the first one to pull my baretta out and kill it, but this doesnt mean that pits are nad dogs. Is just like the say guns dont kill people, stupid people with guns kill people. The pits are a strong dog by nature and in all reality pitbull is not a pure blood because the breed came together mixing bulldog with mastiff blood, so to the guy above a bulldog is just as "dangerous" as any pitbull. My dogs play with kids every day and range from 1yr old kids - 17yr old kids that they play with. Im not trying to get you guys to love pits just to undersatnd them before you judge. thease dogs when breeded properly and trained properly and the best dog you can have, but i thinck bad owners are to blame for this, because they are not responsible enough to take care of this breed. I read a true story once of a lady who had a daughter , she was about 5yrs old, and she was playing outdire near a tree, the mother was inside the house and heard a loud barking, she knew that two houses down lived a pitbull that use to be a fighting pit and she got scared, when she ran outside she notice the pitbull next to her daughter and the girl was crying, little did she know that just a few seconds later, the pitbull broke the window to the house and fot out to save her daughter from a snake that was going to bite her daughter, the pitbull died from the snake bite and the duaghter lived, after that the lady went out and got a pitbull pup. Just a little of what these dogs can do for you, thanks for your time and please dont judge before you know
Old 07-31-2006 | 08:38 PM

Jeez,
I am baffled at this thread, Dogs are a product of their training. Before the thugs started to own Pitts they had Rotties and at that time everyone hated rotties, Before that it was Dobbies - Now all the negative attenton is on the pit bull.
I know some sweet pitts and some mean ones as well and I can tell you it is all about the owner.. I own Two Jacks as well one I trained and one I rescued and the rescue is not allowed around children because he is aggresive and unpredictable - My trained Jack is the most gentle dog i have ever owned!
Old 07-31-2006 | 08:50 PM

thanks ztec you are open minded person but not everyone is like you, they should go to my moms house, she breeds chihuahuas or however you spell those rats, well these things will draw blood from you in a heart beat, but they are still cute, evenb if they bite, as matter fact my 75lb male is scared of my moms 3lb dog, this is al about training, if you have a 1000 hp car and dont know how to drive this type oc car you will get killed, so is you dire we should all blame the car, no we should blame the driver who never took the time to learn how to drive this 1000hp car, but we can kill all the pits in the world and people will still get but and maulled by dogs because of irrisponsible owners, and the reason why you only hear people getting maulled by pits is because it makes a story, this is what the news does look for interestinf stories, no one wants to hear kid mauled by hot dog dog, they want to hear pitbull mauls kid,
Old 08-01-2006 | 12:30 AM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Through January 20, 2002, the log of life-threatening and fatal attacks showed that pit bulls had committed 592 (45%) of the 1,301 total attacks qualifying for inclusion, including 280 (21%) of the attacks on children, 222 (60%) of the attacks on adults, 51 (34%) of the fatal attacks, and 321 (45%) of the maimings and disfigurements.

Rottweilers had committed 291 (22%) of the attacks, including 24% of the attacks on children, 63 (17%) of the attacks on adults, 36 (24%) of the fatalities, and 159 (22%) of the maimings and disfigurements.

Combined, pit bulls and Rottweilers had committed 72% of all the attacks, 45% of the attacks on children, 77% of the attacks on adults, 58% of the fatalities, and 67% of the maimings and disfigurements.
Source? Dog Bite Law

List of dog bites/attacks by breed

There is a huge difference (well 72lbs ) between your 75lb pit bull and the 3lb chihuaha your Mom has.

A person can defend his/herself against a chihuaha pretty easily. It's not that easy defending yourself against a 75lb pit bull.

Old 08-01-2006 | 07:45 AM

Dave,
You know I like you and this is not a big issue but you gotta look at the big picture, Take the owners of these dogs and put them in a room and you will see an alarming trend - Not all Pit owners are thugs but when I spend a day at the dog park or drive through the Paramore district or talk to my friends in Law Enforcement, The Pit Bull is the dog of choice of the youthful thug!
How many families in your neighborhood have Pits? I don't see them in my neighborhood but I do see plenty in the poor neighborhoods around Orlando. I bet that if the Hybrid wolf mix was affordable and readily availabe they would be enemy number one, alot of people are afraid of them because they are still part "wild" You know what? A very good friend of mine has one and her name is Lakota and is the sweetest dog but people that are uninformed steer clear of her because of the way she looks.
I believe your statistics and they are alarming but they are because of the owners and the fact that the pit is the dog of choice for alot of people that have no right owning an animal let alone a gun!
I just don't see the happy family walking down the street in my neighborhood walking a pit, It's always a lab or some other dog with a "good" reputation - I wish I did because they are great dogs and I wish I could kick the crap out of each and every owner that chains their pit to a tree or mistreats it in any way.

This could go on forever and we may not agree but I believe without a doubt it is not the Dogs fault - Pits are EXTREMELY loyal to their owners and if their owner is an asshole then guess what? So is the dog!
Old 08-01-2006 | 07:51 AM

this thread makes me angry...
Old 08-01-2006 | 08:20 AM

WoW this is still going on? We should go to Dr phil and get all our anger out of our chest, the dog bite statistics are from yr2000 very old but i will say that any dogs that looks like a pitbull will be put in that category, even if it has a small look of a pit it will be put in there, i remember when i was about 12 yrs old one of out neighbors had a dalmation dog, i was walking down the street when the dog got out of the backyard and came running after me and bit my leg, i never did anything to tease the dogs i was just riding my bike, when i went past her house a few hours later i noticed she has another dog in her backyard, and it was a blue nose pitbull, the pitbull never got out to chase me and the gate was open, but i got bit by a homble dalmation, i know that diferent owners have these dogs, i am not a thug by any chance a im married and doing pretty good in life own my own house had a s2000 and i have a infinity qx56, and two other cars, the thing is many paople chose pits because when they have to protect they will do it no matter what, thanks for the interest
Old 08-01-2006 | 08:30 AM

I owned two pitbulls and they were great dogs. They were very smart, easily trainable, and loved affection. I was very sad when they passed and will have one again when I'm able.

Quick Reply: Pitbull pups for sale