Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Orlando meet June 29-30

Old 06-17-2002, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am bringing both cars and playing both sides of the fence
Old 06-17-2002, 08:31 AM

OK, does that mean you're willing to LOSE either way? If the S2k's win on Saturday, I'll bring the S2k Sunday. If the NSXs win Saturday, I'll bring the NSX Sunday....so there! I'll pack the California Water Blade just in case. Of course, we could just wait for the usual afternoon gully washer and then squegee the windshield clean...or is that cheating?

Wei-Shen
Old 06-17-2002, 08:36 AM

I am retracting my original statement Deb is going to be out of town anyway - so it looks like GO NSX!!!!! I won't have access to the S..

As a side note, the NSX's rear window is a bear to clean..

Vincent
Old 06-17-2002, 08:56 AM
SinD

Hey over here .. ahmm I DO NOT wish to participate in this "challange" if i do go... thanks but really ahm NO THANKS! I'd perfer to wash my own car which I can actually GET IN AND DRIVE!!!

But then again there's always spit shine
Old 06-17-2002, 09:29 AM

Hey SinD....it's the WINDSHIELDS we'll be washing! And believe me, that's going to take some elbow grease. It's amazing how much splatter there is at the top speed of the s2k (topless of course)...146mph! It's even WORSE on the NSX, like during my Nevada Open Road race when crap was dancing off the glass at 172mph!

Note to self....you only forget to put your visor down ONE time when driving an open wheel car. The first juicy MOTH that ends up in your mouth........

WS
Old 06-17-2002, 09:48 AM
SinD

I know it's the WINDSHIELD... maybe i should go to Downtown MIA and borrow one of the bums special spray for washing windsheilds
Old 06-17-2002, 10:07 AM

You have those bums TOO! Wow, I thought we had the market cornered in Orlando. Ever had TWO people want to clean each SIDE of your car? Ask me about that great detail I recently had done on my NSX....broke my windshield and mucked up the engine compartment with a power sprayer...NEVER AGAIN. We also have aggressive charity groups that prowl the median at busy intersections looking for $$. I guess they get REALLY excited when a group of 20 NSXs and 20 S2000s come to a stop!

I assure you we will stay clear during our "country" drives.

WS
Old 06-17-2002, 10:43 AM
SinD

haha actually ours have names they are called "Homeless voice".
The only time I give $$ is for the Firefighters!! Or when I am in an EXTREMELY good mood.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:40 PM

Whoopee! A meet just in time. Venom and I just got back from the SW vacation, and boy did I miss the Honda! Just one month without the S, and the need to be in it was severe. Now a meet just a week or two away?? Sounds too grand!!! The trip did take our money though, so, I'll see if I can't convince Venom to think about it.

I hope we can make it! Sounds like it's going to be a blast!!!
Old 06-17-2002, 01:05 PM

I KNEW you guys had disappeared for a while. No posts....no nothing!

Remember that you don't have to pay for EVERYTHING.....only the events you are most interested in. The most important in order are....

dinner with everyone on Saturday (with door prizes, introduction of our special guest Mark Basch) $35 per person (and it's an EXCELLENT dinner....NOT burgers and fries....in the main ballroom)....NICE CASUAL DRESS (however you want to interpret that...no ties or cocktail dresses needed)

Saturday morning country drive (FREE)
ending in lunch and photos/admission to the Fantasy of Flight ($30 per person)

The hotel is $90 per night but you could just drive out early Saturday (we start at 9am) and just stay Saturday night.

I'm working on Blount Honda (about 5 miles away from the hotel) to give us a technical session in the afternoon in their service department Saturday. Sunday brunch and Blizzard Beach (weather permitting) is optional but should be great. We're thinking either Mt. Dora OR heading to downtown Orlando's Thornton Park area for the Sunday meal.

Hope to see you guys there!

Wei-Shen

Quick Reply: Orlando meet June 29-30