Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Orlando meet June 29-30

Old 06-13-2002, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orlando meet June 29-30

Hey guys, anyone coming? I have received ZERO registrations from the S2k guys. I'm hoping this won't be just an NSX gathering????? Remember when I tried to arrange for us to go to the Festival of Exotic Cars in Feb.2002? Lots of people said they wanted to come. I begged the organizer to let us participate and he finally said YES. Then nobody got their stuff in on time. The event organizer released our spots because we only had THREE registrations by the deadline (and a BUNCH who wanted to go afterwards). I ended up returning all the checks to those who DID sign up in advance.....

Details and forms can be printed off www.NSXFlorida.com. You don't have to attend all the events. The two I MUST have paid in advance are the Saturday Fantasy of Flight admission and lunch ($30) and the Saturday night dinner ($35 includes tax and tip). Here's a quick recap of events:

Friday evening gathering in the lounge at Mission Inn
Saturday morning country drive to LUNCH and photos at Fanatasy of Flight (near Lakeland)
Saturday afternoon on your own (pool, goof off etc.)
Saturday evening group dinner at Mission Inn
Saturday evening drive to Universal City Walk and "the Groove"
Sunday brunch in Mt. Dora (for those who are interested and can wake up EARLY, we can do another drive Sunday morning)
Sunday afternoon at Blizzard Beach

$90 for everything (which is way LESS than it costs to do ALL that) or you can pay individually at the gate for everything EXCEPT the Saturday morning and evening events. You can send a check OR you can charge it by listing your cc info on the registration form. You do not have to pay the $40 membership fee for the NSXCA to participate (however NSXCA members are being subsidized by the Florida NSXCA Chapter).

Deadline for hotel reservations and registration is June 24th. Don't wait as rooms will sellout at $90 each. Go to www.missioninnresort.com for more info. The best night to stay if you can only stay for one is Saturday.

It takes a LOT of work to put this together and it is extremely helpful to have accurate headcounts so your hotel doesn't go beserk when twice as many people as the room can hold show up for dinner! I hope to see many of you there. Should be a FUN weekend.

Wei-Shen
02 Spa Yellow (now with 543 miles!)
Old 06-13-2002, 02:08 PM

Wei-Shen
I would love to be there. This is one I just can't make. Previous commitment I cannot get out of. Hope you have a good turnout. I will see everyone at the next one.

Don
Old 06-13-2002, 06:16 PM
Banned

If it wasn't my wife Birthday that weekend I would be there! Sounds like allot of fun hopefully many s2000 show. If not we need to do this again on another weekend.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:45 PM

Wei-Shen,

I'm torn. Basically Im waiting to see how many are going to go from down here. There is a speedtrial that weekend (actually 2) and I'm leading in points for my class. Otherwise I would have registered.

So I'm at the mercy of peer pressure!
Old 06-13-2002, 11:32 PM

You should have received my check a week ago or so.
Old 06-14-2002, 02:54 PM

Wchin,

If I just had enough time just to go through the twisties on Saturday, would I still be able to attend? Is there still a fee?

Nick
Old 06-14-2002, 03:03 PM

The country drive is FREE. Meet at the Mission Inn at 9am sharp on Saturday!

See you there.

Wei-Shen
Old 06-14-2002, 03:10 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm at the mercy of Honda as my new car (02 GPW S2000) may arrive to the dealership that weekend. I may be not be able to go or be forced to register last minute.
Old 06-14-2002, 04:49 PM

I'd like to come just for the Saturday AM drive as well. See you at 0900.

Ray
Old 06-14-2002, 06:10 PM

GREAT!!!

I have managed to obtain some door prizes and raffle items from Cybernation Motorsports, Cobalt Friction Tech brake pads, local Acura dealers and potentially a local Honda dealer.

We'll have some shirt giveaways as well. Any chance you can at least stay for the lunch and photos at Fantasy of Flight????

See you there.

Wei-Shen
P.S. Do you guys need directions? If so, I can have one of our NSX guys meet you at a designated spot and lead you to the hotel?

Quick Reply: Orlando meet June 29-30