Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

NSX Successor *Canceled*

Old 12-17-2008, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ I don't think they ever did turn profits on NSX's -- they didn't need to, NSX's were halo cars used to sell anything else with VTEC in it from basic Civics to Accords to 'ludes to Tegs to *gasp* S2000's!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM

man that sux, but y am i complaining, i wil never have enough money to afford a '92 nsx so this decision is not that big of a deal to folks like myself hopefully the s3000 is still in the making though. i agree that this is a smart move by honda to scrap the NSX project.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by chimmike,Dec 17 2008, 11:40 AM
IMO, it's smart on Honda's part. They're not as large as Nissan or Toyota
Honda (Automotive) is much, much larger than Nissan. Not even considering their ATV/Motorcycle/Solar Cell/Jet/Generator/Watercraft/Power Equipment Operations.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This company is indeed very conservative. But, it is always to their advantage. They are a business first, money is the motive, our opinions count but, only when they match their financial objectives.

*As an editorial side point, they want no part of what the Toyota Company had to do 3 years back. Remember that this a Japanese based company. That culture paved the way for one of the most humiliating events in the history of the automotive industry. Toyota was so eager to become the largest automaker in the world, they found themselves emcompassed with this desire, they quickly found out bigger is not better. Their Consumer Service and Quality benchmarks hit levels of "serious concern". They lost control of the focus that made their products worth buying, quality first, quantity second. Then they found themselves having to conduct public formal apologies to the Prime Minister of Japan. While we here do not think that this would be a big deal, it is in the world of their culture. I can promise you that Honda took that event seriously and internally swore that they would never allow this to happen to them. Hence, business decisions will be applied with maturity and "concessions" that reflect the goals of its stock holders first, emotional owners second.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by zacksdad2,Dec 17 2008, 04:53 PM
This company is indeed very conservative. But, it is always to their advantage. They are a business first, money is the motive, our opinions count but, only when they match their financial objectives.
WOW...powerful and true.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe not
Old 01-05-2009, 04:59 AM

Unfortunately.. that is untrue.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have they even published photos of the final concept? I know there was some discussion about which of the 2 designs would be used.

Anyone know for sure? Maybe now that the program is 'cancelled' they may have publised the 'winner'?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:35 AM

Nope, nobody has even seen a finalized design concept. The only thing we have seen is the mule testing in Germany, looking radically different than any concept we've seen before. It would be nice to see what we might have had though.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 AM

scrapping the nsx has very little to do with the economy. premium car sales are barely down and some are even up. lambo just had their best year ever, ferrari's sales were only down 3%. the reason they scraped it was their new ceo wont sign off on it unless it can go faster around the nurburgring than the GTR, and a front engine v10 aint cutting it.

sounds to me like their original plan was to make a car that better suits most nsx owners driving style... a muscle car, fast in the straights, ginger in the corners.

Quick Reply: NSX Successor *Canceled*