Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

THe new guy

Old 04-12-2010, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quick question what is that little glass peice that i see some people have between the seats? does this only come with ap2 or what? i want it!?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luis352,Apr 12 2010, 09:39 AM
Hey yea i was planning to get an alarm so that i dont have to open my doors with just the key lol.. and for added security, I used to own a jdm front integra and i live near orlando so i know how bad the theft was .. i was wondering how bad is it with s2000's? or is it more the typical top rip and seats stolen?..

Yea im going to try and head the tailights up and seal them with rtv i hate how they look
They seal the same way as the integra. New seals should be fairly cheap, or use 1/4" dense foam, make a pattern and cut. Once the foam wears out some, it stops sealing.. I just replaced mine in one of my Integras a couple of weeks ago.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by luis352,Apr 12 2010, 10:58 AM
quick question what is that little glass peice that i see some people have between the seats? does this only come with ap2 or what? i want it!?
Model year 2000 offered wind deflector as an option; it became standard with the 2001.

The aero-screen kit can be purchased as a kit from:
Hardtopguy.com

Thraak
Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by luis352,Apr 12 2010, 10:39 AM
Hey yea i was planning to get an alarm so that i dont have to open my doors with just the key lol.. and for added security, I used to own a jdm front integra and i live near orlando so i know how bad the theft was .. i was wondering how bad is it with s2000's? or is it more the typical top rip and seats stolen?..

Yea im going to try and head the tailights up and seal them with rtv i hate how they look
John is right. "1st ALARM, 2nd Seat Locks, anything you want to go fast (mods in order of need)." .......Or want.

Make sure you get one with dual proximity detection. Also, 2-way paging preferable. An alarm may not give you much of the bling factor, but it will delay and possibly deter a theft. It's all about theft deterrence not theft prevention.

Thraak
Old 04-12-2010, 09:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by luis352,Apr 12 2010, 06:39 AM
typical top rip and seats stolen?..

Answered your own question in this statement, how ever, it is not a "just or typical" this will total your car if it is 2000 or 2001, depending on miles it will total a 2002 or 3 too. typical top rip and seats stolen?..

This is not the seal in the light assembly but a seal from the tail light housing to the metal of the rear of the car. Yea im going to try and head the tailights up and seal them with rtv i hate how they look
Old 04-12-2010, 06:44 PM

[QUOTE]This is not the seal in the light assembly but a seal from the tail light housing to the metal of the rear of the car. Yea im going to try and head the tailights up and seal them with rtv i hate how they look
Old 04-13-2010, 04:09 AM

You might not need to replace the seal completely, if you get gasketseal or a silicone gasket maker, or something similar, you can take the tail lights out, clean the seal that is there and then add some of the sealer around the contact area the light should be sealed to. If you do it right and take your time no need to buy new seals. I have done this on at least 5 of my Accords and it has worked great

Some people buy the car back from the insurance company, depends on how bad it is and if it is worth doing anything with.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 AM

well if they just stole my seats and ripped apart my top but left the car right where it is.. then wouldnt it make sense to just buy back the car and with the money buy a new top and seats? Im sure they would give me a nice amount of money .. i just wonder how much the buy back would be.. like if they give me 8k and they want 5k to buy it back then it would be worth it no?
Old 04-13-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by luis352,Apr 12 2010, 06:44 PM

Oh i see.. so if i replace that foam seal thing my tailights wont get water stuck into them? and where to buy? Honda? Thanks..

Oh and i didnt know it was a total. How does the insurance company work that out? I have full coverage will they just cut me a check for what the vehicle is worth and maybe i can buy it back for cheap? or am i screwed.? sorry ive never had any cars stolen from me or totaled any car
idk if this will work for you but it did me....i kno a lot of ppl up north at Honda and i took my s over to get the oil changed...i had my buddy run my Vin in their data base and wouldn't you kno he found a recall on my car...it was for the taillights!!! the side reflectors have a problem turning pink and they were 'leaking' so he slapped me a new set in their in about 1 week....Vin check is free...asking is half the battle...take it to Honda....get smtng done so they don't shush u away and ask bro never hurts to take care of Ur s!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by luis352,Apr 13 2010, 07:09 AM
well if they just stole my seats and ripped apart my top but left the car right where it is.. then wouldnt it make sense to just buy back the car and with the money buy a new top and seats? Im sure they would give me a nice amount of money .. i just wonder how much the buy back would be.. like if they give me 8k and they want 5k to buy it back then it would be worth it no?
your car is a 2000 and has miles on it so the insurance company is going to give you a diminshed value amount not what it would cost to actually replace anything.

Quick Reply: THe new guy