Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Never Rains...it pours

Old 04-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by heresnowhy,Apr 26 2007, 10:33 PM
Did you get it diagnosed, or? resistance check? just curious
Read the codes...read S2ki...for nearly everyone who had those codes, the root cause was the injectors. And it seems tracking the car makes the injectors go bad much more quickly. From the threads I read, it looks like the injectors are getting coated in oil. A catch can will help, but not eliminate the problem. And cleaning the injectors only seems to be a temporary fix. From the threads I read, replacing with new is the best solution.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyon know what is happening to the injectors? has anyone ever tried Lucas Fuel System Treatment. It is a fuel system cleaner lubricant that does not use harsh solvents. I have read that it will make CELs go away. Just a thought. The tolerances in an injector are in the range of 40 millionths. Modern fuels do not have the lubricity they once had so cleaning may just make the matter worse.

I talk too much.....sorry
Old 04-27-2007, 07:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by captainbk,Apr 27 2007, 06:57 AM
Does anyon know what is happening to the injectors? has anyone ever tried Lucas Fuel System Treatment. It is a fuel system cleaner lubricant that does not use harsh solvents. I have read that it will make CELs go away. Just a thought. The tolerances in an injector are in the range of 40 millionths. Modern fuels do not have the lubricity they once had so cleaning may just make the matter worse.

I talk too much.....sorry
I've used LUCAS before. However, i think when the injectors are bad enough to cause a CEL then it is too late for any cleaners. I just replaced mine and never had the problem again.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should we use the LUCAS as a preventative measure? I haven't had a CEL, but I don't want to either.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it falls into the old "Couldn't hurt.." category, we'll never have enough data to tell conclusively if it prevents injector problems on our cars or not.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:42 AM

Anyone have a good thread for DIY on injectors?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by negcamber,Apr 27 2007, 06:47 AM
Read the codes...read S2ki...for nearly everyone who had those codes, the root cause was the injectors. And it seems tracking the car makes the injectors go bad much more quickly. From the threads I read, it looks like the injectors are getting coated in oil. A catch can will help, but not eliminate the problem. And cleaning the injectors only seems to be a temporary fix. From the threads I read, replacing with new is the best solution.
You can read the static resistance of the injectors at the pins to see if they are in limits or not.....I can't recall the values off hand but if you have an ohm meter I will gladly look it up for you....
Old 04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't have an ohm meter...I'm electrically challenged. Installing stereo equipment scares me...people clap in amazement when I plug devices into wall sockets.

jvrabel...I will be making a DIY when I do mine. I'll post it, but my last DIY on replacing a throttle cable didn't even make it to a sticky in UTH.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i once read xviper's comment on injector cleaners and i think he said something about them not doing any good for the injectors but he still does them out of habit. I put in a bottle maybe every oil change just as a preventive thing.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by negcamber,Apr 27 2007, 01:33 PM
jvrabel...I will be making a DIY when I do mine.
Sweet. I'm guessing I'll need to do it sooner or later. Can't be that difficult though.

Quick Reply: Never Rains...it pours