Old 08-12-2008, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dam man sorry to hear that, glad your ok
Old 08-12-2008, 04:40 PM

Old 08-12-2008, 05:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Scooter!

Most of all glad you're okay. Second, good to see a new S is in your future.

Vulture time - if by chance you have a non-crumpled hood and/or trunk lid let me know because I'm looking for a spare of each. Finish isn't a concern really - just not dented up.

Shay
Old 08-12-2008, 05:14 PM

Glad your ok scooter. You always seem to make light of any situation your in. Thatd be very hard for me to duplicate. haha.

Let us know what new S youll be thinking about getting.

Roger
Old 08-12-2008, 08:00 PM

Hey Bud, sorry about your ordeal. Lay low for a couple of days, my daughter just totalled her truck on Friday...came away with a small bump on her head but damn is she sore, her whole left side still hurts to this day.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:18 PM

Hey, Sorry to hear about the S... that really sucks. Glad to hear you walked away from it though.

Like everyone else has said you will really feel it in the next few days. Make sure to keep a good eye on yourself, if you start feeling off, lose consciousness, start vomiting for no good reason, get dizzy or feel otherwise not right get yourself into the ER for a CT scan of the head. There are a few things than can pop up a few days out that are not readily aparent with head injuries. (Not as worried since a Doc was there for the accident but all the same...).

(I'm a Med student, I'll be starting an emergency medicine residency next year so just my .02)

Awesome cars though aren't they? A blow to the door and you could still put the top down and walk away!! Glad to hear you'll get another.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:20 AM

By the way...very cool...the way you worked to top...that is so Bond!
Old 08-13-2008, 05:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks EVERYONE for the kind words and information. Unfortunately this is not my first accident and my soon-to-be ex-wife has worked for Personal Injury attorneys (good ones) for over 15 years now. This process is something i'm pretty decent at.

Yes, today i'm a little more sore than yesterday. I'm doing my best to stay around people who know me best so if there is a change in anything they will be the first people to notice and notify me. Still two lumps on my head ... but, only sore to the touch. No real headache to speak of ... so, that's a great thing. Right hip is a little bruised and sore from the seat belt anchor/latch but nothing terrible. Other than that ... i'm really happy to be in the condition that i am.

I only have 4 pics on my camera/phone right now and i'll be downloading those shortly. My account here on S2ki.com is still in 'guest' status so i won't be able to post them yet (maybe link them from photobucket? right?)

Christina took exceptional care of me and without her i wouldn't be in the mood i'm in now. I know alcohol wouldn't be a good choice for reducing the pain/stress ... but, i did have a couple of Cpt/cokes last night and i'm pretty sure it helped relax me.

The goal will be to find another AP1 just like this one. I really am happy with this car and would love to find another one.

Speedy ... keep your eyes out for another Berlina for me ... 02-03 preferable. I may also consider a Grand Prix White as well.

Oh, yes, the other driver was cited for not yeilding. She has GEICO so i'm not sure what they are known for in these situations. I will call them sometime today.

If there is enough interest in parts from the car then i will consider buying it back to part it out. The only decent piece of metal on the outside of the car is the trunk lid. Every other part is practically destroyed. The drivers side headlight looks to be ok ... but it is the original and has started to 'haze'. The car has 108k miles. The right front hub assembly is completely broken away and the drivers side rear axle was pulled from the diff.

Thanks again everyone ... this is a great community and it is a primary reason why i want another S.

much
Old 08-13-2008, 05:33 AM

Scott, glad to hear your ok, best wishes from Jen and I and Good Luck getting a new car, can I have you old wheels.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 AM

Scott-
Glad to hear that you're okay.

Sorry to hear about the S....

-Matt

Quick Reply: My S2000 ... totaled :(