Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

My S2000 ... totaled :(

Old 08-20-2008, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scoot!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greetings from California

Just heard about this today from Jason (paha koira) - glad to hear you're ok. It sounds like both of you will now be in the market for a new S. Good luck with all of it; we better see you at the Daytona Dance Deck ™ in Feb.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SR71BB,Aug 20 2008, 10:16 AM
Scoot!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greetings from California

Just heard about this today from Jason (paha koira) - glad to hear you're ok. It sounds like both of you will now be in the market for a new S. Good luck with all of it; we better see you at the Daytona Dance Deck ™ in Feb.

Hey Marty! Yep ... it wasn't pretty. I will be sure to have another one for the 24hr!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:58 AM

talked to the adjuster yesterday. He was really cool on the phone ... but, i think i spooked him a little when i started laughing ... right after he asked me "... so where do you want to have it fixed at?"

I then proceded to explain to him, in incredible detail, all of the damage to the car (he hadn't seen it yet). He completely understood and said he would go out and see it on Monday. I also told him how i was interested in buying it back. He said we could definitely work something out

So ... for all you 'vultures' ... i'll let you know soon
Old 08-22-2008, 09:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

clean out your pm box so you can add me to your vultures list
Old 08-23-2008, 07:12 AM

PM's should work now. I hope to know about the buy-back on Monday for all you vultures
Old 08-23-2008, 07:46 AM

STAY AWAY FROM THE LINCOLN LS.

TRUST ME IT IS BAD NEWS!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by speedworksracing,Aug 23 2008, 10:46 AM
STAY AWAY FROM THE LINCOLN LS.

TRUST ME IT IS BAD NEWS!!!
Really? Wow ... i didn't realize they were prone to issues. Can you PM some of the more common/major ones?

I just met with the 'adjuster'. He just did a very basic evaluation of the car ... essentially whether or not it can be fixed. He said it would be a total loss. However, he proceded to ask me for my keys (which i gave him thinking this was a good step in the direction of writing me a check.) After a few minutes of some general conversation (and realizing he was getting ready to leave) i asked why he needed the keys. He said it was for the tow service that was coming to get the car and take it to Jacksonville. I then informed him that was not a condition i was aware of nor approved of and seeing how i was still the owner of the car the handling and processing is still up to me. He then realized that he had made a substantial error and agreed that the movement of the car was still my decision. I reminded him that i had an interest in buying the car back (which he questioned as to why and i replied with the interest of this community) and that moving the car up to Jacksonville only to bring it back here was not a financially intelligent decision. He agreed ... and left stating he would be 'in touch'.

So ... the car is still here under the watchful eyes of 'Max' awaiting someone to make an intelligent ... offer Until then ... Maxs' "secure storage" fees continue to build
Old 08-25-2008, 07:26 AM

Better give that dog some steak!

Oh and since you're in redneck territory, a beer as well!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bandiscoot,Aug 25 2008, 10:58 AM
Really? Wow ... i didn't realize they were prone to issues. Can you PM some of the more common/major ones?

I just met with the 'adjuster'. He just did a very basic evaluation of the car ... essentially whether or not it can be fixed. He said it would be a total loss. However, he proceded to ask me for my keys (which i gave him thinking this was a good step in the direction of writing me a check.) After a few minutes of some general conversation (and realizing he was getting ready to leave) i asked why he needed the keys. He said it was for the tow service that was coming to get the car and take it to Jacksonville. I then informed him that was not a condition i was aware of nor approved of and seeing how i was still the owner of the car the handling and processing is still up to me. He then realized that he had made a substantial error and agreed that the movement of the car was still my decision. I reminded him that i had an interest in buying the car back (which he questioned as to why and i replied with the interest of this community) and that moving the car up to Jacksonville only to bring it back here was not a financially intelligent decision. He agreed ... and left stating he would be 'in touch'.

So ... the car is still here under the watchful eyes of 'Max' awaiting someone to make an intelligent ... offer Until then ... Maxs' "secure storage" fees continue to build
Old 08-25-2008, 04:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Fight the man Scott! Let us know if you buy the car back

Quick Reply: My S2000 ... totaled :(