Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

My Interior Project

Old 09-14-2008, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=S2KSuzuka,Aug 24 2008, 04:45 PM]
Old 10-12-2008, 02:04 PM

Well it's been a few weeks, rain stops me from working on this project, since I only have a 1 car garage.

I have applied the goop (quiet coat) to the inside of the doors. I put lots on them, I want the doors to be as dead sonically as possible. While I was at it I ran wires into the doors so I can put alarm LED's on each door. Not much to see on the doors at this point.

I have stripped the factory stuff off the tunnel and the floor...that was fun..

here are pics of the goop done

I have always wanted a map net on the driver side. I will have the net shortened, I didn't want it to interfere with my foot, here are the holes... and of course Honda had to use square fasteners so I had to file the holes. the carpet has already been test fitted and the holes for the map pocket are in the carpet

I have also decided to re-wire all the aftermarket items on the car.
Here is what I have done under the hood
Before (keep in mind this is not what it looked like when it was together the first time, it's just the stuff I wanted to re-do

I have never liked the water pump set up on the vortech so I came up with this as an alternative
the red wire is the one I added to the factory fuse box. there is a blank fuse spot

After

I'm using Puddy's ETD mount and my audio (amp) circuit breaker will fit on his mount. the fuse box I worked on earlier will have a fuse in the same area, keeping it all together and simple to trouble shoot. More pic to come on that later
All the wires are being soldered and heat shrunk
This is the amp power cable

The relays are for the alarm horn honk, and the vortech water pump. they will get mounted later when I install the custom heat shield for the custom vortech intake

I still have to goop the floor boards, and finish the wiring inside the car. The engine bay is pretty much done wiring wise. I have extra wires run for add-ons like additions sensors or additional electronics

wires going into the car

I feel like I am making some progress, now I just want to get it done and get the parts out of my house and back into the car. I should have it back together in a few weeks. I still have to foam the cabin area

Mitch
Old 10-13-2008, 02:43 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

you're coming right along mitch. Out of curiousity, how much does a gallon of the sound supressor weigh? I only ask as I had my jeep interior done with linex and that added a bunch of weight.

keep posting pics

fltsfshr
Old 10-13-2008, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by fltsfshr,Oct 13 2008, 06:43 AM
you're coming right along mitch. Out of curiousity, how much does a gallon of the sound supressor weigh? I only ask as I had my jeep interior done with linex and that added a bunch of weight.

keep posting pics

fltsfshr
it's taking way longer than I planned, but then again, I keep adding little projects to the project...lol

the 5 gallon bucket weighed about 60-75lbs, I'm guessing that dry it weighs about a 1/3 of that. that why I chose it over things like dynamat

Mitch
Old 01-04-2009, 04:17 PM

ok, It's been a while and I have been crazy busy, however some progress is being made and I thought it was time for an update
Door Panels

LED in Door Panel

Speaker connector- every connection that I havedone (that can be) is soldered

Custom speaker plates (Josh I have your set for you ready to go)

New plugs for LED's and eventually all the aftermarket wires in the dash will have plugs (before the dash goes in. I have to get all the wires in the car up to the dash before I lace the dash.
The cut outs for the door lock mechanisms

Lithium grease on all connections

My old amp rack won't fit anymore, so I made a new one- the old one is up for sale in the Florida Forsale section
New Amp rack. The amp and speaker crossover wires will be fed under the amp.

Puddy Mod with a mitch mod added

Puddy stock ETD bracket

Mitch mod (I am attempting to add the ETD to my supercharger setup

I've always want a map net on the drivers side. I made it shorter so it won't interfere with driving.

filed the square holes by hand
I added my vortech water pump to the factory fuse box, there is one empty slot, and now it's very accessible

the empty fuse slot is not for the water pump

amp rack with the amp for setup. the wiring is next on the agenda

Mitch
Old 01-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

This project still going on?

Old 01-04-2009, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by zdave87' date='Jan 4 2009, 08:26 PM
This project still going on?

yep, a lot of work, and I didn't work on it every weekend. It's getting close to done