Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

My Interior Project

Old 09-01-2008, 04:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! Looks like some good work. Can't wait to see the finished project.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-03-2008, 02:51 AM

Well I was too damn tired to post on Monday. I tore apart a subframe on Friday and spent the rest of the weekend on my car. heat index over 100 degrees, damn I'm dedicated....lol. Actually, I just want the car back together.

I finally feel like I am making some progress. The application of the material is easy (tough on the lower back, but easy) the real time is spent on prep work. dismantling, taping, bagging the parts so I can get it back together when I'm done.

The area behind the seats is almost done. I'll wrap that up on Saturday, then I have to apply the accoustic foam to the gastank/spare tire area and the trunk panels. If all goes well the trunk and roll hoops will be back in the car by the end of next weekend.

Here are some more pics of my progress..

this is a $hit load of work, but I am sure it will produce the result I'm looking for.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow!
Old 09-03-2008, 05:35 AM

I was tired after I installed my cupholder I wish I had that lind of dedication and TIME. I can't wait to see the finished project. I like the extra terminal strip.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by S2KSuzuka,Sep 3 2008, 06:51 AM

Dude those seats are pimp. Straight JDM

Nice build man. I get more and more impressed with every picture you post. I wanna ride in it when you get it done. It should be nice and quiet.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by speedworksracing,Sep 3 2008, 11:36 AM

Nice build man. I get more and more impressed with every picture you post. I wanna ride in it when you get it done. It should be nice and quiet.
yeah jdm from an old murphy bed cabinet, and they are saving my lower extremities.

Thanks for the kind words, I can't wait to get the interior out of my house and back into the car.....
Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by speedworksracing,Sep 3 2008, 10:36 AM
JDM = Jethro Direct Market

LOL

nice meticulous project
Old 09-14-2008, 03:44 PM

Well Ike has come and gone.... I'm damn glad it missed us. So this weekend it was back to work on the S.

It's still freaking hot outside.

I applied the last coat of the liquid material to the wheel wells, spare tire area, and above the fuel tank. I will say this. I spend way more time prepping than I do applying material.

Once the liquid was done, it was time to start the acoustic foam application. All the factory trunk panels including the rear deck have to be stripped of the crap ass acoustic material from the factory. The main panel that goes in the bottom of the trunk is quite the challenge to cover. Lots of bends and curves.
Here are some pics of the progress:

Ready to put back in the car

then it was time to begin to apply the foam to the trunk. I put the bottom panel in the trunk and taped off where it ended so I could match the foam up to the panel.

I did the rear of the wheel wells next, Then started moving forward with the foam

So I think I might have gone a little overboard, but hey, I've gone this far right. There are two metal panels that mount in front of the Top Motors. I applied two coats of the liquid material to each side and foam to the inside. There is also foam and liquid on the bottom of the top motor cavities. doable foam on the bottom.
No pics of that.

then the fuel pump access cover. two coats of liquid on the bottom, and foam on the top. The rest of the tank area will get foam next weekend. Then hopefully I will be able to put the trunk and roll hoops back in.

No pics , but here's a secret. the adhesive only sticks to itself, so when I'm doing a big piece, I put paper on the areas I'm not ready to adhere to and then I just remove the paper when I get to that area.

that's all for this week
Old 09-14-2008, 08:12 PM

i bet its a great comfterble ride and all, but not smthn i would do, i take stuff out and leav it out, it is cool tho

Quick Reply: My Interior Project