Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

My Interior Project

Old 08-24-2008, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Interior Project

Some may be interested in this, so I thought I would post this here on the main Florida board.

Some of you may know I pooched my car. It needs some block welding, and I decided that while I couldn't drive it, I would finalize the interior changes I wanted to make. I just can't seem to tear it apart when it's running, at least not to this extent.

After a few years, Blue on Blue got very old. I was inspired by a thread that showed pics of a BMW M roadster that was done in a 2-tone. So off I went to buy lots of extra parts, that I really didn't need.

I take a lot of pride in my car and that everything from electronics, S/C install and the interior have all been done by me, with a little help from some talented friends.

So I purchased a black dash oh,,, about 3 years ago, I also bought the Chipperman (yes it's been sitting around for 3 years too) sound deadening system for the S2000... He's no longer on the boards, but if you search you will find a pretty interesting thread or two. My goal is to make the interior custom to my taste, and be able to hear the sound system at speeds over 100 mph.

I've been installing stuff in my car for well over 6 years. I was a Car Stereo installer for about 10 years in a galaxy far far away. there are a million freaking wires and it made removing the dash a real PITA.

I started this project by gutting my car from the trunk through the dash. Oh, by the way the pics I show of my car might make you feel queezy, Just know that I think I can put it all back together again....lol

Lets begin with some pics.
Before

The beginning of the stripping... One of my neighbors told me that if she didn't know me better, she would think my car had been vandalized.

I saw the rust and even though no one but me ,,,well and whoever reads this will see it, I had to fix it. All the rusty brackets have been removed and are now painted. They will go back in when I have completed the Sound Deadening process.... this is a PITA, but I am convinced it will be well worth it in the end.

Hear are some of the trunk. Damn it looks big when it's been completely gutted...lol

Some of the first step in the sound process done

Battery area up front

As I continue on my trek I will update the pics. I have decided to remove all the wires for all the after market goodies I have put in the car over the years and make a custom harness that will allow me to remove the dash in the future or more importantly service any of the goodies much easier. Also I pity the guy that tries to take my car, there will be no way to tell where the factory starts and I begin.

Here is the beginning of the harness. I have just about all of Modifry's mods. The redline shift module is one of my favorites. I had it set up with a custom blue LED shift light, and a sounder under the dash. I could never hear the damn thing so I came up with a new idea. Let me know what you think

That's the sounder mounted inside of the Left A/C vent. shouldn't effect air flow, and I can't think of any place that would be closer to my ear. I did a center channel speaker for a car stereo once upon a time this way.
Every wire will be soldered, heat shrunk, labeled, and will have disconnect plugs so when I put it all back together it will be easy and serviceable. I went to U-Pull-IT... no wise cracks please it really does exist, and tore out harnesses of a few cars to get heavy duty disconnects that won't look like I built my car at a Radio Shack. The white plug is for the Modifry vent speaker.

Ok that's enough for today

For the record, the wires have been unwrapped from the black tape that they were installed with. I have to identify and label each one, so I can make it all (hopefully) work again.

Mitch
Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 PM

Cool it is a lot of work. Are you trying to get rid of the crayola blue color?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:11 PM

only some of it....
Old 08-24-2008, 03:46 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

looks like a great project Mitch

fltsfshr
Old 08-25-2008, 10:19 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, very impressive. You've got way more patience than I do! I had the same problems hearing my shift beeper, especially with the top down. I actually ended up mounting mine behind the drivers seat and that worked very well. Good luck with the project, can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:52 AM

Damn man. I am calling you next time I wire a drag car. You have you $hit together.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Who redid your seats? I want to do something exactly like that.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:29 AM

You obviously have way too much time on your hands!!

Looks fun though...
Old 08-25-2008, 03:02 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Great work, cant wait to see more
Old 08-25-2008, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by spectacle,Aug 25 2008, 03:19 PM
Who redid your seats? I want to do something exactly like that.
they are wet okole seat covers, they're over 6 years old.... expensive, but worth the money.

thanks for the kind words from everyone

Quick Reply: My Interior Project