Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Moving to florida

Old 03-22-2007, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to florida

I am tring to move around the orlando area. I am looking for a nice quiet town. I found a town house in Sanford that looks real nice, but dont have any idea about that area? Any info on sanford or another area would help me out so much. thanks
Old 03-22-2007, 12:13 PM

i dont think anyhting in orl. is quiet. and i believe sanford is kinda soso. but i only visit that area.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What part of the town? it is a growing area. My wife used to live there and my best friend still does. If you can send me the approximate area I am sure that we can comment on it.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:36 PM

I love it over in the Winter Garden / Clermont area. It is growing fast and has beautiful scenery. It only takes me 20 min to get to downtown Orlando taking tolls. Sanford is far and I hate I-4.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:27 PM

What area are you gonna work in? If you don't like traffic i suggest choose the location where it best suits you. I know of a guy who lives in viera and drives to the airport to work. Viera is nice haha.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:46 PM

Parts of Sanford are very nice. Where is your work?

Deland is a very cool town that is growing rapidly. Has a nice downtown, some culture, and resturaunts.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:40 AM

I am looking for jobs in the orlando area (chemistry stuff) then a place to live. I was just trying to browse a nice area I would like to live. The more I know about the Orlando area the better, I will feel moving there. thanks again for all the input. -Kevin
Old 03-23-2007, 12:59 PM

[quote name='s2kayo' date='Mar 23 2007, 02:40 PM'] I am looking for jobs in the orlando area (chemistry stuff) then a place to live. I was just trying to browse a nice area I would like to live. The more I know about the Orlando area the better, I will feel moving there.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:11 PM

If you want to work in a technology field, Brevard County isn't bad. We have NASA here (lots of science-type jobs), Harris, DRS Optronics, and plenty of other positions possibly related to your field.

And there are still some nice places to live. I wouldn't say quiet towns, but laid-back areas is better suiting. It's also nice because it's about an hour away from Orlando (35-40 minutes if you live near the highway), so you COULD commute if you wanted to.

Viera is nice because there are a good amount of young people (20's-40's), crime is very low, and the local commerce is just starting to blossom. However, in another 5-10 years, portions of the area may get a bit crowded with the continued development of the gigantic new high school and shopping areas.

Any of the beach towns such as Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, and Indiatlantic are nice, although the property rates are a bit higher than the mainland, homeowner's insurance is astronomical, and police officers tend to enforce driving laws with a vengeance.

Portions of Merritt Island are very quaint as well, especially north of Highway 528. However, be careful as there are some parts that aren't all that great. South Merritt Island is also home to one of the most scenic roads in the area. S Courtenay Pkwy, in between SR 520 and the Mathers Bridge is primarily a very small, two-laned road with a couple twists and turns, and about 10 feet from the riverside in places. If it weren't for the speed bumps and the families with young children dotting the roadway, it would be perfect for the S2k.

Rockledge is where I live. It's somewhat in between big town, and very small city. It's a very convenient place to live though, as it's right near all the major highways, smack dab in the middle of the county, and has a nice selection of resturaunts and shops.

Let me know if you want more info.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:04 AM

thanks for the reply sick honda and scott2000. I am 23 and live in New Jersey. I think once I find a job I will rent for a little bit, so I dont have to rush into any thing. Hopefully I can find a place with a garage for my S2k and my dirt bike. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Moving to florida