Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Missing CO's

Old 07-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts
Thumbs down Missing CO's

*This is not a thread that is intended to bash anyone*

I can't remember the last time that Gary or Willie or Rob posted in the Florida forums (or their respective areas (Panhandle/DaytonaNSB/Jacksonville).

I know that Rob (negcamber) is not a CO-however, he is listed as a MOD.

I guess what I'm asking is that is it time for the above mentioned to step down, let someone else take over those areas of Florida?

Thoughts?
Old 07-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well i have noticed every year the forums get worse and worse and nobody seems to care. Its a real shame. Not much interest these days i guess
Old 07-18-2010, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember something being posted up a while ago about this. It did not go well.

Maybe this could be discussed in the CO forum and taken care of.

Dave, you looking for your old job again? I know you trained a great replacement with Speedy continuing your weekly meets, at least I got out to a couple of them.

I know there are some guys and gals that would step up out there when the time is needed.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw Mrs. Gee on I95 last week as I was driving to West Palm. I may need to sneak over and find the 'lil honda' and see what's up
Old 07-19-2010, 04:29 AM

Wink

I have approached Willie Gee several times in PM and on FB about stepping down....I know of at least one person willing to step in and represent an active and unrepresented area of the state.

Bill has confirmed he should do exactly that but has made no effort to come in and announce his intentions. too busy or too proud IDK but it is clear that he is not an active CO.

No judgements from me because he is a great dude and did serve the community well but perhaps it is time to step down.

The upper management will not install other CO's until existing ones step down, they believe we are over-managed to begin with...LOL

I have attempted several times to get him to initiate action on replacing himself with no avail, if others have contact info for Willie they may want to contact him and see where he is on the subject.

We could move forward without him or the others for that matter, but I feel we should pursue this by the book and ask them to initiate the procedure on their own accord.

I will contact the Gee man on FB and ask him again to come in here and see what needs to be done.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:56 AM

sent WG a message to please come in here and comment.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:44 AM

I'd gladly be a CO of the SW fl/ Ft. myers....... oh wait. We gets no love down here
Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by SortaRican,Jul 19 2010, 12:44 PM
I'd gladly be a CO of the SW fl/ Ft. myers....... oh wait. We gets no love down here
as a CO you need to BRING the love ... one cold beverage at a time
Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 AM

I meant that when I joined there was a Ft. Myers / Naples section but that went the way of the buffalo. Besides I'd only be organizing myself.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by SortaRican,Jul 19 2010, 02:54 PM
I meant that when I joined there was a Ft. Myers / Naples section but that went the way of the buffalo. Besides I'd only be organizing myself.
I know what you mean. A few of the local S2000 folks here just end up calling each other to meet up for a lunch or dinner. Every couple of months we manage to make it out with the +1's for some night life. Other than that ... it's pretty quiet.

I plan on making it back up to the Gainesville/IntMo meets again soon. We met up with some cool folks up there last time for a casual meet with S2 and other car guys. Definitely some enthusiasm up there

Quick Reply: Missing CO's