Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

MegaMeet 2012?

Old 05-16-2012, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am ALL IN.....as a spectator. I have been intimately involved in all of the big functions in the past few years and its time to soak one in as a consumer and not a producer. I am fighting the very strong urge to say "OK lets do this!!!" and start making phone calls to various contacts....lol The people that know me know what I am talking about. I owe it to my wife (my tireless helper, my midnight bag stuffer and shirt folder) to sit back and enjoy one of these from the other side of the veil.

I will gladly give my ideas and support to whomever takes this and runs with it. Will, Taylor, any of the other CO's: you guys are good at this stuff. Go with your strengths and delegate. Here are my thoughts right off the bat:

Location: this is a tough issue every time, but it comes down ultimately to where the people ARE that are putting this together: I gave up several weekends to travel all the way to Sandford and other areas to do site visits and hire a local DJ and collect trophies etc. etc. etc.... I would not have been able to do that if it were literally 1 mile further away from me than where it was.

It is logistically impossible and unfair to force someone in Jacksonville to try to plan something in Ft. Lauderdale and vice-versa. Move the location around, that's totally fair but also find planners from that area to make it happen. Don't expect Will in Jacksonville or Taylor in Tampa to make something happen in Key West. The CO's in all of the areas should want this equally and step up and say "Let's do it here!" and pick this thing up and run with it.

If Will runs with this, he should be able to plan it where ever he feels comfortable doing it. If that means a place in Jax or Route 46 again....AWESOME!!! It is our job to support the initiative and attend the event so we can spend time with our community and enjoy our cars and its culture (schedules permitting).

This event will only be what we make it. I am here to tell you right now that if it wasn't for a special couple of people (one awesome person in particular) last year's event would not have happened either.

If you want this, you are going to have to act. If you want it to be more than hotdogs in a city park under a pavilion, you are going to have to get behind it BIG TIME!!!

Real talk
Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Who is Will?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rob, I understand where you are coming from. I appreciate all the help last year and don't blame you for staying a spectator this time around.

Only time will tell if everything will come together, but I am really hoping to be able to have another MegaMeet this year.

By the way, I'm in Tallahassee, not Jacksonville.

Definitely am going to try and keep it in the Orlando/central FL area... since as per the name it is most central location.

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
Who is Will?
That is me.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:29 PM

I would be down, dates pending.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:59 AM

Personally I think route 46 is a great venue for this type of activity. They also host the monthly cars and coffee events and many other car shows there. I will attend again this year where ever they decide to have it. It would have been nice to have more organized parking last year and more people showing up, but overall I thought the event was great!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll try to make it this year ..
Old 05-19-2012, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 305AP1
I'll try to make it this year ..
We need to organize SFL group drive
Old 06-07-2012, 09:24 PM

Im in lets make it happen A.S.A.P.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:32 PM

i went to look last year and i was a little disapointed due to the lack of cars that showed up...but the ones that did were really nice...i think around september or october would be good..my S hasnt seen the streets in a little over a year now due to all the work ive been doing to it, so i should be done by end of august. so ill be there if its around september or october.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:42 PM

i would go again. love to see other s2ks out there.

Quick Reply: MegaMeet 2012?