Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

MegaMeet 2012?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MegaMeet 2012?

Are you guys interested in trying to do this again? If so, we should probably start planning it soon...

Lets use this as an interest/brainstorming thread.

Post all thoughts/ideas here.

Do you guys want to do it at Route 46 again or somewhere else? Any ideas?

When would you like to see this happen? August? September? October? November?

Lets get the ball rolling here...

-Will
Old 05-08-2012, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love to meet new people and hang around with fellow s2000 enthusiasts but last years turnout was rediculous. Over 100 people confirmed and there was maybe 50 cars. South florida went up with almost 10 cars and while I had a great time while I was there, I dont think I would make the trip out to orlando for the same turnout.
I would go again so long as there is a larger crowd.

I hope I dont sound like a debbie downer.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i had fun, could care less if others signed up and no showed aside from the fact it takes planning. The missed out on a good event. Sanford is central and the location was good. It was the 1st time I had ever been there. I think the October/November timeframe would be most suitable due to temperature, October - November is when it is beginning to cool off
Old 05-08-2012, 09:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FFP*Mike
I love to meet new people and hang around with fellow s2000 enthusiasts but last years turnout was rediculous. Over 100 people confirmed and there was maybe 50 cars. South florida went up with almost 10 cars and while I had a great time while I was there, I dont think I would make the trip out to orlando for the same turnout.
I would go again so long as there is a larger crowd.

I hope I dont sound like a debbie downer.
I agree that it sucked that a lot of people didn't show, but there is not a whole lot we can really do about that man. We can't force people to show up.

If free entry, prizes and swag won't bring them, I'm not sure what else we can offer that would.

Open to ideas though.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:50 AM

i'm in. was a blast! as we all agreed on last year, organized parking would have made the lack of attendance matter even less.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:19 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

you know me and my camera are in
Old 05-08-2012, 11:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

im in for a megameet! had a good time at the last one
Old 05-08-2012, 04:20 PM

I wouldn't do it again simply because of the location. Sanford is by far too far for me to go for a hang out. Though I did have a good time the location simply keeps me from wanting to do it again.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have a minimum requirement. I'll go to a meet even if it's just a couple of S's

Route 46: the location was good and agree that consolidating the cars would have looked better. Also, maybe partner with the restaurant to use the outdoor patio area for distributing the prizes ... it was a nice, elevated space But, I have no problem trying another centrally located venue (including Cocoa Beach over to Tampa areas)

It doesn't matter to me what time of year either ... it's Florida so a little sweat doesn't bother me. I think that would help promote volunteers for the dunk tank (sponsored by local Winghouse )

Also, if it were to be in the Orlando area again, I think an awesome time would be had by all if we went to Universal City Walk - Rising Star Karaoke ! That place is awesome and I'm betting we can get an area reserved for us with minimal effort (Jim Warpspeed is the man! )
Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM

Bring it further south this time and I bet the show up rate will be greater. Is this all makes and models or just s2k meet? I am sure of you start to mix in the toyota, supra, lexus and other makes many more will come.

Quick Reply: MegaMeet 2012?