Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

MegaMeet 2011 Feedback Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely agree with the parking. I know when the Tampa group rolled in, I wasnt sure were to go as far as parking.

I will say, next time I'm going to forgo the group drive so I can get there early enough to be more useful to you Rob. I could have been there directing traffic instead of leading a group being chased by helicopters
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 AM

Great event! Thank you all for all the hard work. Thanks to all the vendors for showing and giving talks on their products, That was most important to me.
I also think there were more cars that didnt know to Check in? I didn't. I thought it was only a 50/50 till the drawings started. Missed that one.
More cars there then i expected so i thought it was a good turnout.

Maybe next time the award winning cars be brought up in advance so we can reconize the winning cars. A drive thru maybe?
A setup for us track junkies. info for those interested, on how and where and what clubs put track day events on.
Great job, Thanks!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:09 AM

I also hope for a smaller number of flaky people that dont show up. The event was awesome and I don understand how 40 people just dint show...And yes, I'm sure there were a few that didnt check in but just counting the cars in the lot you could see there were a great deal of people missing.

This was a free event and a lot of hard work was put into it, so its kind of sad to see that people just wouldnt show up....
Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Being involved in a week long move, sadly I was not able to attend and should have notified those involved. I think that many of the no- shows can be attributed to the lack of what was once an enthusiatic Orlando community. I think the lack of weekly or even monthly meets have made an impact on the Orlando S2KI community. The Orlando community or lack thereof is in a transitional stage. I would have loved nothing more than to have attended, however, sometimes situations arise. Hope to be there next time!
Thraak

P.S. was surprised & honored that they posted me & shared my video on the front webpage of S2KI.com!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Biohazard
great meet, disappointed with turn out of no shows. Cars could have been parked together instead of scattered but I think that is because of the 50 sho didn't show. Thanks for those that put on the event and to the vendors who participated. It was my first s2k meet of this size and everyone was really cool. Great bunch of people.

nice meeting you Brett!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:45 AM

all the feedback is great and I dont think anyone was discouraged from doing future meets. A "registration" sign is a must for future events. I know i mentioned several times for everyone to stop by and register when they got there but the fact our tent was not marked clearly probably attributed to that "lost" feeling LOL

The parking issue was what it was. With attendance (late registrations etc) coming in at about 120 cars and the paved lot only holding a max of 120 cars, we were sure that the lot would have filled completely up.

The database we created was made from all the people that signed up with their requested info in the thread or posted simply that they were coming and bags were made up for them accordingly. we def. had 44-50 no shows or no stopping by the registration tent.

The not labeling the tent as "registration" is def. an oversight and i apologize if this caused people to not put 2+2 together.

Keep the ideas coming people. I for one really like feedback on stuff like this because it helps us do it better and better each time.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:08 AM

Rob and everyone that set up the Mega Meet, it was a great job. Had a good time seeing everyone and meeting a few new people. The venu was good. Again thanks for a great meet. The ones that did not show up missed a good time.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
One recommendation I could make to the award ceremony would be: after the awards are given, have the owners pull his or her cars around and line them up so everyone can see what car won. I only say this because I have no clue what cars won.
. It would have been nice to see the winner's rides because I was clueless as well.

Overall it was a great event, I wished to have seen more s2k's there but it was still worth the ride from Jax to me.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:56 AM

Are we good with the time of year this was held during???

Even if the weather were to snap and be cooler or even cold... the venue is so nice we could have a contingency plan setup around the courtyard main stage area with those huge tower space heaters etc.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:04 PM

Big props for Rob and the rest of the crew for a great venue, as always a class act!!

Quick Reply: MegaMeet 2011 Feedback Thread