Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

MegaMeet 2011 Feedback Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 07:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MegaMeet 2011 Feedback Thread

Hi guys,

I think the meet went very well. I hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed themselves.

Of course there is always room for improvement though.

If you have thoughts, suggestions, constructive criticism, or any other comments please post them here. Feel free to be as honest as you like. I won't take offense.

We are hoping to get lots of feedback so we can make the meet even better next year!

If there was something you didn't like or would have preferred done different please give an example as to what you would have preferred instead.

Thanks to everyone who attended the MegaMeet! It was a lot of fun.

Hope to see you all next year!

Thanks,
-TerminatioN
Old 11-12-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was great. really the only improvement lies outside your control, and thats people showing UP. attendance needs to be consistant with those who registered. where the heck were all the other s2ks that said they were coming? come on mannnnn

otherwise it was great and i enjoyed it. very well planned. good job
Old 11-13-2011, 05:14 AM

^^^this......I think we had almost 50 no shows.....that's completely sad with only say 120 registered cars.

It was a completely free event so money cant be the reason for not going. What's crazy is these there were almost 50 no shows from people that took the time to register. I completely understand mitigating circumstances and things coming up that change your plans etc....but 41% of the people not showing....

something is def. wrong with this.

I hope the people that showed up had a good time.

Did people see the schedule, was it useful?

Was the idea of the "tech" talks not really well received or announced clearly enough? I don't think any of the vendors actually had anyone show up for the those. Would listing the topics of the tech talks have been better? Do people like the idea of having these kind of things offered throughout the day?

What about games? would you have interest in picnic type games. I know someone mentioned kick ball. What about traditional stuff like tug of war, sack races, dodge ball maybe?

we could not get it all together this time but we def. have time to make arrangements for next time.

I am hoping for an annual large event like this during this time of year, with other smaller events being put on by the various communities throughout the rest of the year.

What do you all think?
Old 11-13-2011, 07:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a good time, the venue was terrific. Wish more would have made it too, the weather was perfect.. A couple of games, kickball, or the like would be fun. I think the whole Tampa group would have like to had a less interesting drive to the main event and show up on time but those things were beyond anyone's control.

Thank you to everyone that helped with organization and making this event happen
Old 11-13-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by PrimoGen
^^^this......I think we had almost 50 no shows.....that's completely sad with only say 120 registered cars.

It was a completely free event so money cant be the reason for not going. What's crazy is these there were almost 50 no shows from people that took the time to register. I completely understand mitigating circumstances and things coming up that change your plans etc....but 41% of the people not showing....

something is def. wrong with this.

I hope the people that showed up had a good time.

Did people see the schedule, was it useful?

Was the idea of the "tech" talks not really well received or announced clearly enough? I don't think any of the vendors actually had anyone show up for the those. Would listing the topics of the tech talks have been better? Do people like the idea of having these kind of things offered throughout the day?

What about games? would you have interest in picnic type games. I know someone mentioned kick ball. What about traditional stuff like tug of war, sack races, dodge ball maybe?

we could not get it all together this time but we def. have time to make arrangements for next time.

I am hoping for an annual large event like this during this time of year, with other smaller events being put on by the various communities throughout the rest of the year.

What do you all think?
1. the announcements of tech talk, etc. were announced just fine. since everyone is pread out, all you can do is announce it in the vincinity and hope the rest hear it by word of mouth. the schedules also add reinforcement to this so no problem.

2. games would be a great idea because it would allow something to do other than walk around and look at the cars once you've already done so. again though, this lies with the participation factor. to increase this, perhaps teams (for whatever you play) would win a prize if they win. this would increase the motive to play. the prize would come from the money received for "buying into the game" if money is an issue for pertaining the prizes. this concept can work the same way for bigger, better raffles. it would make the hosts more money while allowing better prizes.

3. you did what you could and it was wonderfully planned. i feel sorry for the hosts when over 40% dont show up to a FREE event.

4. Next time i would suggest compressing the parking so that way everyone isnt spread out and everyone is in one place. announcements, communication, and interaction would be easier this way.

5. I like the award idea- next time, you could make different categories like best interior/ exterior/ performance/ show/ etc etc... split the categories.

-make money off raffles.

- the schedule, decals, and hand outs were all awesome
Old 11-13-2011, 10:49 AM

I had a great time and so did Bradley! My suggestions:
1. As Rob and I talked about, if staffing permits, somebody park the cars so there aren't gaps even IF people don't show.
2. Tailgating games may work well also i.e cornhole, etc
3. maybe the grab bag stuff could be handed out more along with tech talks to stir up more interest? I saw about the tech talks but honestly forgot while walking around.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a great time.

Hard to comment on 'why' some people didn't show. That survey would probably be more complete by contacting them directly. Once we understand the conditions we can truly address ways we can help control it.

I definitely would support some Corn Hole games.

I also had forgotten about the tech-talks. Maybe use the PA system to announce them within 15 minutes of the start?

Having a map of the location (with designated parking, registration, and vendor locations) posted online to preview may help.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a good time just hanging out with the crew, meeting new people, seeing old faces, eating good food, rolling in and out together, just all around good time. i am disappointed in the fact that almost 41% of the people who signed up didnt go.

it was a perfect day as far as the weather, free event and fight night, so im not sure why a lot of people showed up.

Im sure games and such would be fun, but i wouldnt be interested. Tech talk i missed out on, but im sure it was great!

cant wait for the next one.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:17 PM

I thought the event was well planned, and well managed during the event. The check in process was organized and very efficient. The printed schedule was very useful & the goodie bags were very nice. I am sure everyone appreciated all the items in the bags.

I find the number of no shows as disturbing as everyone else. I understand that circumstances change and not everyone is going to make it, however what happened to common courtesy. A simple post or PM to notify the organizers you aren’t going to make it isn’t too much to ask. Someone had to stuff all those bags, print all the schedules etc. and quite frankly it is just plain rude not to notify someone that you will not be attending when you told them you would be there and they planned and prepared for you. This is a community and you should treat people with respect especially when they are inviting you to an event that cost you nothing to attend. (end of rant)

The venue was excellent, the food was very good staff & service was top notch.

Constructive Suggestions for next year’s event:

• Instead of having the Tech Talks at the Vendors Booth use the stage. This will help draw attention to the speaker and you could possibly have the vendor do his or her raffle item when they do their “Tech Talk”, I suspect this would draw people’s attention. The Tech Talk is the best opportunity for the vendors to show case their product and services offerings and we should literally give them the stage.

• Organize the parking so the cars aren’t as spread out. Obviously this could have been done by each attendee but sometimes it takes direction from the organizers to point out the obvious to everyone.

• Personally I would prefer more car type talks or actual how to sessions vs. games.

My personal “Thank You” to everyone involved in pulling this off. Your hard work and dedication to the S2K community is much appreciated!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indyana
I thought the event was well planned, and well managed during the event. The check in process was organized and very efficient. The printed schedule was very useful & the goodie bags were very nice. I am sure everyone appreciated all the items in the bags.

I find the number of no shows as disturbing as everyone else. I understand that circumstances change and not everyone is going to make it, however what happened to common courtesy. A simple post or PM to notify the organizers you aren’t going to make it isn’t too much to ask. Someone had to stuff all those bags, print all the schedules etc. and quite frankly it is just plain rude not to notify someone that you will not be attending when you told them you would be there and they planned and prepared for you. This is a community and you should treat people with respect especially when they are inviting you to an event that cost you nothing to attend. (end of rant)

The venue was excellent, the food was very good staff & service was top notch.

Constructive Suggestions for next year’s event:

• Instead of having the Tech Talks at the Vendors Booth use the stage. This will help draw attention to the speaker and you could possibly have the vendor do his or her raffle item when they do their “Tech Talk”, I suspect this would draw people’s attention. The Tech Talk is the best opportunity for the vendors to show case their product and services offerings and we should literally give them the stage.

• Organize the parking so the cars aren’t as spread out. Obviously this could have been done by each attendee but sometimes it takes direction from the organizers to point out the obvious to everyone.

• Personally I would prefer more car type talks or actual how to sessions vs. games.

My personal “Thank You” to everyone involved in pulling this off. Your hard work and dedication to the S2K community is much appreciated!
Some well expressed points there Indy!

Quick Reply: MegaMeet 2011 Feedback Thread