Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Meet - Nov 23-24 Equipe Rapide Autox/Speedtrial Miami MetroZoo

Old 11-20-2002, 10:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by KeithD
Josh you should come out to the speedtrial!
Thanks for the encouragement Keith, you know I wanna! I'll see if I can renegotiate with my lovely wife for some extra time with "the guys".

Usually Ole (white '00) shows up for the speedtrials. He'll represent the S2000s very well.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, whats the deal with the school? Do you need to go to the class before they let you run? Who does the Tech inspection on the cars?

thanks for the info
Armando
Old 11-20-2002, 11:50 AM
mav

Armando, I believe if you're a total newbie to track events, then the school is mandatory. But since you run with Chin Motorsports, I don't think you need to go. But ask Keith to make sure.

Tech Inspections are very basic. Your NSX will pass with no problems.

Are you planning on attending? Hope to see you out there.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:48 PM

Off the record:

ER's rules vary widely. If you have some track experience I would say you could 'skip' the school. Just don't hold me to it if they wont let you run.

Josh, I hope you go. Even though you'd run in SST with you race tires, I'd like to see how my times are compared to yours. It would be nice if Ole came too. I was definately the fast S2000 last time.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:49 AM

Sounds lie fun Mav, is it saturday or Sunday?
Armando
Old 11-21-2002, 03:44 AM
mav

The AutoX is on Saturday, the Speed Trial is on Sunday. Its starts at around 9ish am.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:10 PM

Sheesh, this thread took off. My question was also about the school. ER probably doesn't know about CMS, or anyone could just say, "I've driven a bunch of CMS events."

My darn schedule makes it so hard to plan things. I often fly on Sundays, but not sure if I am going anywhere next week. Probably won't know for sure 'til friday night.

I definitely can't go both days, and I reeeeeeeeealy don't want to get stuck doing the school thing. I may have missed this, but what time are we supposed to be there?

My new brake lines are supposed to be coming tomorrow, so maybe I'll show up Sunday and see what they say.

Finally, will I be allowed to run stock class? I'd be embarrassed going against prepped cars. Stock wheels/tires, x-brace, exhaust, brake lines, pads, and fluild. i.e. could I beg my way into stock?
Old 11-22-2002, 05:21 AM

jvils, you will be ok to run the speedtrial without the school. CMS is much more intensive than this. Rules at ER are a bit lax.

You will also be in the stock class (SN1) with me. They dont follow the SCCA rules to the letter of the law on the speedtrials.

Some jackass in a WRX was trying to run in stock novice class with boost mods, front intercooler, coilovers, race tires, etc. I beat all his times that day but regardless.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:31 AM
mav

Yeah don't worry. I didn't go to the school either. Actually I completely lied and my friend from work told them that I was a former F1 driver. And after a quick lesson from Master Racer Keith, I was good to go.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:24 AM

I might swing by sunday and watch.

Quick Reply: Meet - Nov 23-24 Equipe Rapide Autox/Speedtrial Miami MetroZoo