Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Jax Locals, I Need Help

Old 10-20-2006, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by axhandler,Oct 20 2006, 10:26 AM
There's a new japanese place (Koja Sushi or something) at the Landing, overlooking the river. Don't know anyone that's been there but it sounds good. It's not a steakhouse. Good date location in my opinion though. Downtown lights...river...gay stuff that girls like.
I've had the sushi there and it is the best in town. But like Justin said, you could just take her to the Winghouse
Old 10-20-2006, 08:28 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by axhandler,Oct 20 2006, 09:26 AM
Good date location in my opinion though. Downtown lights...river...gay stuff that girls like.
yeah those stupid girls...I think they have cooties. Jeesh, the way they like all that gay stuff and all.....HAHAHAA funny post

<----waits for a kick from Nadia
Old 10-20-2006, 08:32 AM

Find a Fondue restraunt...As far as a date location, places like The Melting Pot and other "themed" locations tend to be the funnest evenings from my experiences. Teppenaki grills are fun too but going to a quarky place that has you involved more will entertain you guys and stimulate more interaction.

A good mongolian type grill would be good too.

Have fun and let us know what you decide
Old 10-20-2006, 09:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Koja at the Landing is very good IMO. Had dinner there maybe once but have had lunch there many times. I work across the street in the Modis building. Plus with being at the Landing you have a view of the river and if the weather is nice you can stroll down to the center fountain in the Landing, walk along the River Walk, maybe take the river taxi across, see Friendship Fountain, blah, blah, blah.

The latest and greatest I have been to for sushi is Crazy Sushi near the corner of Southside and Touchton (I think that's the correct intersection). I was sent there by a buddy myself since my wife and I love sushi. I wasn't impressed with the name. Crazy Sushi sort of sounded like a place in the mall to me BUT the sushi was EXCELLENT!!!!. It's a small place in a newer shopping center. We have only done take out but the place seemed nice enough and very clean. Not as posh as Mikado or a place like that but still nice.

Our sentimental favorite is Tama's in Neptune Beach right off of 1st Street directly across from the infamous Pete's Bar. It used to be called Surf & Sushi many moons ago. Small place, great service, great sushi. Nice thing there is you are at "the Corner" which is where Atlantic and Neptune Beach meet. You have several other venues you can checkout including Pete's if you want cheap drinks and cheap pool tables. A dive but a must see if you've never been. There's also an old favorite, Ragtime which has a full bar and typically some live music going on. Also right in the corner is Sun Dog Diner where you can grab a drink and catch a great band, maybe even "3 the Band" which our own "JaxRSX" plays drums in when he's not touring the world (literally!) with Donavan F. Do a search for him and you'll find his website that includes his schedule if that's of interest. There's also Shelby's Coffee shop in the same general area if you guys want a perk-me-up later in the night. Plus at Tama's you're a block off the ocean. After filling the tummy and seeing a few sites and sounds you guys can stroll by the waves and whatever happens happens : )

Good luck,
Shay
Old 10-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK...so what time are we going to meet you and your GF for sushi?
Old 10-20-2006, 07:04 PM

i went to sakura's tonight. mmm soooo good.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:39 PM

Ok, from a girls point of view who LOVES Japanese food, I would have to say Okinawa over off Roosevelt near San Juan. I have eaten at Sushi Rock, Ichiro, and Okinawa, and Okinawa by far has the best food out of those 3. They have great sushi, and the owner (Shawn) would do anything for his customers.

They also have a good bar
Old 10-21-2006, 01:34 AM

sushi is damn gross anyways.

what kind of girl doesnt want to be taken out for a big ole steak and a baked potato?
Old 10-21-2006, 05:29 AM

Oh come on now Nadia, we all know that raw oysters get a girl all silly in her special places.

Besides, sushi is very healthy and tasty too.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:00 AM

So thats your plan!!!!

Quick Reply: Jax Locals, I Need Help