Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

interesting fact about spoon and feel's

Old 05-28-2007, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interesting fact about spoon and feel's

Found this in an article I was reading about Feel's. thought it was interesting.

link

Here's what I found out about Spoon while working for Honda. After my meeting with Kozhu San from Feel's, I found out the history behind Spoon and their famous president. Ichijima San got hired as an apprentice at Feel's when he was younger, with hopes of being a driver. After having worked there long enough and after learning all of Kozhu's secrets, he skipped out because Kozhu wouldn't let him be a primary driver in the super taiku series (he wasn't fast enough!). So Ichishima San started he's own company Spoon, using all of Feel's network and trade skills, and with a bit of luck and a flashy yellow/blue paint scheme, managed to overthrow Feel's, with better marketing and overseas support.

In Japan, this is common knowledge, so Spoon was marketed outside Japan to take advantage of their less than noble reputation at home. Similar to many other tuners they presented well designed Honda cars and had a victorious run in Motorsports, and with a financially stable team, they had a successful record to help drive their product brand.

"The first time I went to Spoon, I was wearing normal street clothes and wondered into the shop of off Kampachi Dori. I talked with some of the guys for a bit while they were working on a S2000 Taiku car. Ichishima walks in and I say hello, and he tells me to leave and not bother the workers...ok! fair enough. The second time I was there, I just happened to be driving by in the company FIT wearing my Honda whites. Same thing, I went in talking to some of the staff, but this time Ichishima treated me completely different. He was very curious about the white boy at Honda and what I was doing there. He invited me into his office, asked me to drive the Spoon FIT over to Type1 to see the progress of the new shop.
Never being a Spoon fan in the first place, I left thinking, what a 2 faced
Old 05-28-2007, 02:03 PM

Interesting. I thought that was a personal experience of yours until I read the link.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:45 PM

very interesting read.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:22 AM

I stopped by last summer and they were really nice to me, let me walk around and take pictures of everything, then again they never really said a word to me
Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 PM

See, aren't you glad you have a super rare Feel's exhaust?