Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zdave87' date='Jan 4 2009, 09:07 PM
Don't.

Focking.

Run.

From.

The.

Cops.

How is it a 'senseless act of violence' from a police officer when someone puts that officer (among other officers) and other bystanders in harms way?
Dave read what I wrote. I never said he had the right to run from the cops. I said that we don't know why he ran and we can't assume that he deserved to die. People claim he fired shots yet I never heard the cop report he fired shots. We know the officer said he attempted to run him over but standing on the hood of a car and firing 6 shots into the driver may have been excessive. That is what I said. I know you can read but don't skip around and then bitch at me.

As for senseless acts of violence I was speaking about the "cops should shoot more people" comment. Once again read everything I write Dave.

Why do people hate police? Because some cops harass people and abuse their powers and it gives all cops a bad name. Why did we have the LA and Tampa riots? Because of what they did to Rodney King. He may have deserved it but it doesn't make it right.

It was the same for the riots here in Miami. Arthur McDuffie, an African American, whose death at the hands of five white Miami-Dade police officers, and the officers' subsequent acquittals, caused one of the worst race riots in United States history.

Amadou Diallo was shot and killed by four New York City Police Department plain-clothed officers. They shot him 41 times because when he pulled out his wallet they thought it was a gun. 41 TIMES!

That is what your type of thinking leads to; excess abuse of power and killing of innocent people.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

um..................................

the advice on getting alarms for your car or seat locks for your seats............................................. ....is a preventative measure on an unforeseen act.

This guy getting ventilated was the direct result of what appeared to be an act of violence toward police officers and the threat of more harm to them or others appreared to be imminent.

I dont care if Mother Theresa was in the drivers seat, if she flees police and uses her car as a weapon she gets the honor of dying...plain and simple. LOL

That video looks to me as an attempt to flee that deteriorated into suicide by cop....no matter what it is one less problem of one kind or another off our streets and one more hand out of our tax paying pockets.

Auf Wiedersehen!!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:03 PM

[quote name='PrimoGen' date='Jan 4 2009, 10:29 PM'] um..................................

the advice on getting alarms for your car or seat
Old 01-04-2009, 07:07 PM

[quote name='SortaRican' date='Jan 4 2009, 08:26 PM']
Old 01-05-2009, 02:37 AM

I agree that cops should not have too much power ...but in certain situations I feel their hands are tied.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mor.gan' date='Jan 4 2009, 11:07 PM
You couldn't more wrong. People like me who say that cops shouldn't have too much power are the same people who believe in a smaller government and exercise our rights to Free Speech and most importantly the Right to Bare Arms.

I dont have an CCW, XD40, and a shotgun for nothing.
It's the same all around crime on the rise due to cops being afraid to either pursue or pull their arms. Kids out of control because parents are afraid to discipline. I live my life the best I can I have no concern of any cop with a "dirty Harry" complex gunnin me down because I don't break the law. I commend the officers in the video for holding out as long as they did.

The main issue is that there are hardly any consequences any longer for people who commit crimes. Yet go out and sell a dime bag(which I do not condone) near a school and get 20 years. The system is f'd and maybe cleaning up the streets with a little bit of excessive force will put some fear into the minds of the assholes that are running rampant.

So let me ask you, if that guy were to try and run you down with tha car I suppose you would just step aside, let him possibly take out an innocent passerby or maybe even someone you love?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this will come off as possibly 'crazy' by some ...

Which is more of a deterent ... an alarm or knowing the owner is willing to shoot you if you attempt to steal his property? Seat locks are only a deterent AFTER they have cut your convertible top.

Once committing a crime (or even being suspect enough):

DON'T
RUN
FROM
THE
COPS

And IF you do decide to run, with a vehicle, you must understand that you have just jeopardized the well-being and safety of innocent bystandards as well as the Police. I am perfectly fine with the Police using deadly force to stop that action. Call me selfish ... but i'd rather the 'suspect' or 'criminal' be stopped by deadly force than me (or anyone else) being struck by the fleeing vehicle. If the cop tells you to stop ... STOP! How hard is that?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bandiscoot' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:23 AM
this will come off as possibly 'crazy' by some ...

Which is more of a deterent ... an alarm or knowing the owner is willing to shoot you if you attempt to steal his property? Seat locks are only a deterent AFTER they have cut your convertible top.

Once committing a crime (or even being suspect enough):

DON'T
RUN
FROM
THE
COPS

And IF you do decide to run, with a vehicle, you must understand that you have just jeopardized the well-being and safety of innocent bystandards as well as the Police. I am perfectly fine with the Police using deadly force to stop that action. Call me selfish ... but i'd rather the 'suspect' or 'criminal' be stopped by deadly force than me (or anyone else) being struck by the fleeing vehicle. If the cop tells you to stop ... STOP! How hard is that?
No one ever said criminals were very bright but it always amazes me how they think they can actually get away. Let's see Cops have radios and can communicate with other Cops to work together to catch you. Cops also have guns and the right to use deadly force to stop you, that's enough for me.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's very sad when people who are suppose to be friends of each other resort to name calling because each person has an opinion...

i've no clue as to what this dead guy's problem was.. i don't run from cops cause I hire them to protect me from people like me and you and others who don't seem to understand we created rules.. simple... follow them...

the use of deadly force is authorized under conditions.. it's like the military.. ya not suppose to shoot the civilians unless.... big grey area... same for the cops.. big grey area... doesn't take a rocket scientist...

lesson's in society... we the people.. are suppose to work together to form a useful an productive environment in which we the people can live without having to wonder are we safe....

i agree with the poster... what was that mess doing on UTube...

sometimes a person's hands are tied... i still have nightmare's about some kid i put a 50 cal round through... god forgive me.. but he had a weapon.. it was 35 yr's ago.. they gave me a medal... i am so sorry... and i'd do it again in a heart beat...
Old 01-05-2009, 07:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

video is gone. I missed it

Quick Reply: Intense chase vid