Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

ICE Progress

Old 05-16-2006 | 06:58 PM

Default ICE Progress

I've decided to make this into a log of my ICE install. It's not going to be anything special. I just know some people were interested.

Equipment List:

eDead V1
HU = Alpine CDA-9847
Fronts = Alpine Types S - 171A
Rears = Alpine Type S - 13C2
Sub = JLW3
Aura Bass Shakers
Speaker Amp = Sony XM-460GTX
Sub Amp = Alpine MRP-M350
XtremeMac iPod Nano connection

Rear interior panel before I cut a hole for the speaker.

to be continued....
Old 05-16-2006 | 07:03 PM

Looks good Josh Wanna do mine next?

One suggestion, on those panels behind the seats leave the vent open. It'll help get bass into the cabin from your sub.
Old 05-16-2006 | 07:09 PM

Hmm, I'm getting mixed reviews on leaving that part open..

I need to do some more research on that.
Old 05-16-2006 | 07:39 PM

Looks nice. Back when I was into car audio and Dynamat was the only game in town I used this stuff:

http://www.polyguardproducts.com/products/...eel-n-stick.pdf

which looks exactly like what you bought, self-stick, 45 mils, aluminized surface etc, but at 1/4 the cost. You can get it at any roofing supply house.

Looks like Elemental Designs is making some good $$$ off repackaged/relabeled product. Just a heads up if you're into saving some bucks with the same product.

BTW, this stuff significantly lowered the sound floor of the vehicles I installed it in.
Old 05-17-2006 | 04:10 AM

I didn't look at the pdf linked, but make sure the "roofing" stuff you're getting isn't giving off tar fumes...nasty stuff will kill brain cells more quickly than crack cocaine.
Old 05-17-2006 | 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by RXDI,May 16 2006, 10:09 PM
Hmm, I'm getting mixed reviews on leaving that part open..

I need to do some more research on that.
Trust me on this one Josh In my quest for "small child kicking the back of your seat at 100 mph" bass, I've gone through at least 3 different iterations of my setup. As I'm sure you've seen, I've actually left the speaker holes open from when I had behind the seat speakers and the open airway from the trunk to the cockpit definately makes a difference. Of course this is provided that your trunk area vents into the area under the top as well.
Old 05-17-2006 | 04:30 AM

That looks great Josh. It will help you more than you know. Do under the plastic cover that the convertable top lays down on and get a roof mat. You get a lot of noise there.

As far as bass. I am still waiting for someone to make a good sub for the trunk. A ported box mounts where the spare tire does and vents into the cabin. All the trunk subs I have heard give you the feel but distort the sound of the bass because it is in the trunk. You might as well get some bass shakers and put some 6in behind the seat.
Old 05-17-2006 | 04:34 AM

Jeff, once my car is up again, you'll have to sit in it w/ the sound turned up. My bass is pretty damn clean. I know venting into the cabin increases the volume but don't know if it has any impact on the quality, other than that mine sounds nice.
Old 05-17-2006 | 04:58 AM

Looking Good!!!!

I did my entire car with the B-Quiet product about 6 months back when I was trying to quiet down the Spugen. I actually took the db Meter and did sound pressure levels with the before & after measurements. The first "spot" was held right at shoulder level, between the seats where the key to the glove box is located. My other location was aimed right at the closed Radio faceplate, two inches max. I know I have the figures somewhere and did mean to publish them. If I find them, I will get them out & post them to the friends & community.

The results were noticable to the ear, maybe a 20% drop. But, now that I have the Fujitsubo, it is really appearent. It's almost too quiet. However, when Danae pulled out from the Sonic last Sat, it sounded great! As for the vented space between the interior and the trunk, that's up for grabs. I read for hours everyone's opinion and talked to a guy that works here with me who won Florida State Championships in the Audio department & really no perfected, 110% reason to do it one way or the other.

Zacksdad2
Old 05-17-2006 | 06:27 AM

Just a general question for you. Why did you choose ED opposed to the other choices out there.

And of course let us know your results and tell us if they're similar to ZDad. I'm thinking about doing this since I'm on the highway so much and it would be nice to have it a little quieter.

Quick Reply: ICE Progress