Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

I need rotors and rear pads ASAP

Old 11-11-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need rotors and rear pads ASAP

I got majorly screwed over by a online brake company, they said they would have my brake kit here by thursday but could not deliver. Luckly they are making it right by giving my money back, but I need some brake rotors and rear pads ASAP. I am leaving for Robling Road on Friday morning so I need them before then.
Let me know what you got. Luckly Willie Gee came through on some front pads but I really need the rest of the stuff. Atleast front rotors if I cannot get anything else.

Let me know what you got.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 PM

i am sure you would be fine as long as you upgrade the pads and the brake fluid........I destroyed the stock brake system at the track but until the pads started to fade ridiculously it was working fine........and I didn't even warp the rotors. So diff pads will not heat up so much and if you did still warp the rotor you were planning on buying new ones anyways right?

After reading your post again I might be missing something, so everything I wrote was assuming you still have a functioning stock brake system......if not that sucks and disregard my post!!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by JustinsanE,Nov 12 2008, 03:02 AM
i am sure you would be fine as long as you upgrade the pads and the brake fluid........I destroyed the stock brake system at the track but until the pads started to fade ridiculously it was working fine........and I didn't even warp the rotors. So diff pads will not heat up so much and if you did still warp the rotor you were planning on buying new ones anyways right?

After reading your post again I might be missing something, so everything I wrote was assuming you still have a functioning stock brake system......if not that sucks and disregard my post!!

check with First Class, i remember zdave said they had a complete set of rotors awhile back.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:52 AM

IIRC you can get Rotors at Napa. Many of the race guys use them because they're cheap and decent. They also carry the EBC pads.

I'm sure you've already looked.

I'm going to be swapping my rotors after the event, not before. My rotors have some wear, but it's not excessive. I think I'll be alright, but after running the car the way I hope to, new rotors wouldn't be a bad idea. I expect the wear on the car to be similar to spirited driving at the dragon.

If you can, please order my new pads today. This way when I get back from Roebling I can put on street pads. The current pads on my car are about cooked. HAWK HP +
Old 11-12-2008, 04:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speedy ....

My slotted/drilled/cryo'd rotors should be good. The one rotor got a bit 'nicked' on the outer edge that should be easy to put them on the brake lathe and turn them back to normal. Do you have a brake lathe at your shop or can get them turned?

I also have a set of used set of performance pads ... i think they are the ORIGINAL Cobalt performance pads without the compound issue that people like Willie Gee ended up with.

Just let me know ... i can bring them down TODAY! Call me!

btw ... NO CHARGE ... but i will want the rotors back when you're done ... i think
Old 11-12-2008, 04:43 AM

Bandiscoot FTW!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[using Christmas jingle]

"... Bandiscoot is coming to town (ba-dumpa-dump) Bandiscoot is coming to town (ba-dumpa-dump) Bandiscoot is coming ... to town"

This will be therapy for me ... haven't been out of town that much lately. It will be nice to visit O-town again.

Anyone wanna meet me and Speedy for lunch? I hear BAS has an AWESOME lunch buffet

Old 11-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get those rotors replaced! In the thread on Cale's accident they are saying his crash was caused by total failure of his right rear rotor. The other rotors were all still on the car--damaged but on the car. The right rear was missing entirely. And a vid from a car behind him showed a puff of smoke coming from that wheel just before he started to slide.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by negcamber,Nov 12 2008, 07:18 PM
Get those rotors replaced! In the thread on Cale's accident they are saying his crash was caused by total failure of his right rear rotor. The other rotors were all still on the car--damaged but on the car. The right rear was missing entirely. And a vid from a car behind him showed a puff of smoke coming from that wheel just before he started to slide.
That's just terribly sad. The accident could have been easily prevented then.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a set of WG's favorite Cobalt GT pads. (The good ones not the paintkllers), you can have them for cost, drive now, pay later. . No extra rotors though.

Quick Reply: I need rotors and rear pads ASAP